The Hunter's Life

The Hunter's Life (http://thehunterslife.com/forums//index.php)
-   THE CAMPFIRE (http://thehunterslife.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Journey Begins (http://thehunterslife.com/forums//showthread.php?t=3539)

knuckledragger 07-29-2005 02:14 PM

The Journey Begins

OK, one last email to the wife, body armor goes on, grab the pack and seabag, and walk to the LZ. 2 short helo rides, 1 C-130 ride and a charter flight and in 4 short days I'm back in JNC for 2 weeks. Next time I write, it will be from my livingroom with a glass of McAllens Scotch in my hand. C-ya then.

KD

Antler3 07-29-2005 03:33 PM

Re: The Journey Begins

Good for you !! Glad your coming home ! You bet , grab a glass and kick back, well deserved for sure ! Thank you for your service.

Alboy 07-29-2005 04:59 PM

Send me a PM with an address and I will contribute to your drinking problem, just one old scotch drinker to another.

Don't let down till your all the way home, pulling out is some of the most dangerous time.

Take care.

Gmoney 07-29-2005 09:38 PM

A scotch sounds pretty good after a 13 hr workday today....:(.....good to know you'll be back home for a while KD.....

LLANOJOHN 07-30-2005 07:14 AM

KD,

I am not a scotch:frown drinker but in your honor I will have a glass of JTS Brown:D & water. Safe trip home for a well deserved R & R, neighbor!

Ol' John..:D :cool:

rockinbbar 07-30-2005 07:18 AM

Godspeed!

We'll see ya stateside, Buddy ;D

Rockin'

knuckledragger 08-03-2005 05:24 AM

Got back last night!! I haven't seent his much green since I left. Walking out to get the paper this AM and I got met with the rich moist smell of the NC woods. No porta-john stench, no burning trash stench, no diesel stench and what was the strangest, there was no sound. You get used to a constant back ground hum ( or roar depending on proximity) of generators everywhere, or the radio or some vehicle engine. There was also dew on the ground, I haven't seen non-bottled moisture except the Euphrates since March.

I was going to go to Memphis, but the wife isn't feeling well and my oldest has her High School orientation right in the middle of my 2 weeks back, so I'm just gonna have to suck it up and go to the beach and the range. Ahh, the sacrifices:rolleyes: , life's rough.

Take care all. Bit early yet for my McAllens and I slept for 12 hours when I got home, so the fun'll begin today. Now, its coffee on the deck with my dogs before the zoo begins.

KD

M1Garand 08-03-2005 07:08 AM

Good to have you back KD. Have a good cigar and drink and enjoy!

M. R. Byrd 08-03-2005 09:09 AM

KD,

So good to have you back state side. I sincerely appreciate your service.

Now enjoy your family.

God Bless,

Maynard

gitano 08-03-2005 01:25 PM

Good.

Paul