The Hunter's Life

The Hunter's Life (http://thehunterslife.com/forums//index.php)
-   THE CAMPFIRE (http://thehunterslife.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Since it is comming on the season...... (http://thehunterslife.com/forums//showthread.php?t=12800)

mtnpenny 10-21-2008 08:58 PM

Since it is comming on the season......

of Ghosts and goblins I was thinking it might be fun to have a pumpkin carving contest.

Catagories:
Scary
Funny
Most Creative

Rules:
If you want to enter please send me a PM with the catagory which you want to enter.

YOU must carve the pumpkin or gourd (not someone else)

All who want to enter must have PM with pictures to me by October 28th Midnight MST.

I will then post the pumpkin pictures for a vote by the members of good old THL:biggthumpup:

So what do ya'll think? Time to tell a few ghost stories , get the creative juices flowing and get to carving.

RatherBHuntin 10-21-2008 09:02 PM

Re: Since it is comming on the season......

Can I enter the kids' pumpkins?

mtnpenny 10-21-2008 09:04 PM

Yes Glenn that would be fine but...... I also expect one from you tooo!!! ;)

mtnpenny 10-22-2008 07:16 PM

What no takers? you must all be scardy cats that Glenn's kids will show you up on how to carve a pumpkin or something.

davidlt89 10-22-2008 07:25 PM

I know nothing about carving pumpkins penny, but I should be able to beat Glenn's kids:greentongue: (I hope:sweatdrop: ). I'm in! God Bless.

mtnpenny 10-23-2008 02:28 PM

I am sure that they will be great david. just pm me the picture when you get them carved.

mtnpenny 10-23-2008 02:29 PM

Maybe I need to offer prizes to get more takers? hmmmmm?????

rockinbbar 10-23-2008 02:47 PM

I'd have an entry if I had young-uns in the house....;)

I can't find the Holloween stuff for all the Christmas decorations in walmart already.....Can you believe that? :(

rockinbbar 10-23-2008 02:48 PM

On second thought.....If you'll make us a home-made punkin pie with the remnants, I might be pursueded.....;)

Daryl (deceased) 10-23-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinbbar (Post 84813)
I'd have an entry if I had young-uns in the house....;)

I can't find the Holloween stuff for all the Christmas decorations in walmart already.....Can you believe that? :(

Barry,

Wal-Mart has had their Christmas decorations and such on display here since early September. I had to think about it to be sure in my mind if they even took them out after last year, but I know they did.

Even at that, I suspect it's going to be a slow shopping year for the Christmas season. The economy just isn't what it needs to be.

On the pie, penny prefers the canned. Go ahead and carve that punkin though, and buy a couple of cans of the stuff. Next time we're over that way, I'll do my darndest to talk her into it! ;)

Daryl