PDA

View Full Version : Random trout curry and naan.

jesusgecko
05-29-2009, 01:27 AM
I don't believe that just because you are camping you should only eat freeze dried beans and stuff!!! The curry was originally an experimental recipe which seems to work, but the naan is a genuine oldschool recipe.....

Random Trout Curry:

Splash of lime cordial (about a couple of tbsps?)
One small trout for us kiwis - or a big one for you yanks :D (about 2lb)

1 tsp curry powder

1 tsp garam masala

1 tsp coriander

1/2 can coconut cream.

.....fillet and cube trout (or any other fish - may I suggest perch?). ***random interjection - Sara has just gone off to make me another Martini - what a good gal!!!***
Oil up your pan / skillet / pot, and chuck the fish and cordial in, stir frying for a few minutes. Chuck all the curry ingredients over top, and keep doing the stir fry thing. Add coconut cream, bring to boil, and then simmer until fish is cooked. Add a little water if it starts looking a bit dry in the pan.

Naan: (prepare well in advance)

1 tsp yeast

1/2 tsp sugar

1/2 c warm water

1/4 c oil or melted butter

Another several thin slices of butter

1 c flour

.....mix water sugar and yeast ***another random interjection - martini is here!!!*** making sure the water is lukewarm. Leave for ten minutes (or ten casts - whatever comes first) until foaming a wee bit on top. Pour into a bowl with the flour in. Mix with your fingers (clean ideally) AND THEN add 1/4c oil / butter. DO NOT try and do it the other way around, otherwise you get lumps all through it. Put the gloopy blob into an oiled bowl (covered). Leave for at least an hour, or one last evening fish, whatever comes first.....
Seperate into two balls (or more if only a small frying pan / skillet). Stretch out and throw into an oiled up pan. After several minutes, flip over, and put a couple of slices of butter on top, and after another few minutes - eat the sucker!!!