My little sisters first deer!

Started by Oregonhunter, November 29, 2004, 07:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oregonhunter

Hello All,

I was a very proud big brother this fall!  My little sister took a nice buck recently on a juvy tag here in Oregon, the tag allowed her to take any deer but she wanted to hold out for a decent buck and who could blame her the bucks were in the rut and very active.

It took her about a week of hunting and we finally got her a shot at this Blacktail, not bad for a fisrt deer! She took him with one shot at 75 yards with her Ruger 308. She hit him in the lower neck right in front of the shoulder. She said she was aiming behind his shoulder but I dont blame her for having a little buck fever the first time!

Take care,

Oregonhunter

Daniel in Ak

Beautiful...........and tell her congrats.

ShadowRider

Tell little sis, ALLRIGHT! It's great to see the young ones carrying on the tradition and doubly so when it's a young lady. Thanks for sharing.

Brithunter

Hi All,

Please pass on my Congratulations to the young lady;)

Oh and some time let us know how long that grin takes to fade:D
Go Get them Floyd!

Hunterbug

That's a nice buck, she is to be congradulated. As the big brother are you going to pay for the mount? ;) I do belive that it's tradition. :D
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

mhpoole

VERY NICE !!!  Congrats on the deer little sister you should be very proud!

~Jeff~

Fantastic photo! She's done well,very nice deer.
idunno

Oregonhunter

Thanks all!

I was very happy to see her get a buck for her first critter, she was very proud!

Hunterbug, Its funny you should mention the head mount thing cause thats what the rest of the family was saying when we got home with the deer that morning! I think we are going to have the cape tanned and when the funds are available have it done, we did skin it carefully and froze it so we can have it done in the future.

She is a very proud 14 year old for sure, next year we are going to try to get her her first Elk. She did get her first Turkey this past spring and her first Salmon as well, not too bad for a newbie! Thanks for all the kind words all I will pass on the congrats to her!

Oregonhunter

bearzden

OH...you better watch out for her she gonna be giving you a run for your money pretty soon...I believe the phrase is "the student has become the teacher" Tell her great job!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LLANOJOHN (deceased)

ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING!!!

Sincere congratulations to your little sister.....Where is the pic of your buck????

Ol' John here in Hondo, Texas has got one great big smile on his ol' mug!!!:D :D :D

She will make you a great hunting partner for the next few years........maybe more!

Make it a family event.............every year.........no matter what!!

Ol' John
Life Member-NRA-TSRA
Riflesmith-Bolt & Lever Centerfires Only
Left-Hand Creek Rifles
Mark Twain was right-"There is no such thing as too much good whiskey!"
My best advice.."Best to stay outta trees and offa windmills!"

Oregonhunter

Hey Hondojohn,

Thanks for the kind words she is one heck of a hunter! She did a lot of Upland bird hunting this past 2 years and did get a turkey too so this was really something special to see her get! She held it together better than myself when I was that age shooting at my first critter!

She is a good kid and I am sure as well she is going to add a lot of new photo's to the family hunting album!

My deer photo from this season is posted under "my 2004 blacktail pick" (Or something like that)

Take care,

Rob

Vermonster

"not bad for a fisrt deer"

Not bad??????  Heck, I'd take one like that every year.....  It's a beauty....

Congrats to your Sister!!!!!!    :)

Tags: