General Store Buck

Started by m gardner, March 07, 2007, 04:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m gardner

It's always interesting to see what's hanging in the small town stores around where I hunt. I even had the presence of mind to take a picture of this one. Some of these giants surely would make book if measured, but their owners don't care. Me neither. They're pretty. I was going to score this one by the picture but never got around to it. Any guesses? God bless and good hunting.
Mark

RatherBHuntin

Yep, country stores with tables you can sit down at and have a biscuit and some coffee are great, almost always critters hanging around.  That one is really unique.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Daryl (deceased)

Nice buck, for sure.

There was one in a little store in Quamado (sp?) NM when I came through there about a week ago that was really nice. Maybe I'll take a picture next time I get through there.

While I was in Colorado (same trip), I saw some pictures (and B&C paperwork) of a mulie that my wife's father killed back in about '71 or so. It measured 292+change on the P&Y paperwork, and 260+ on B&C paperwork (shrinkage over time, I suppose?), and at the time was 3rd largest in Colorado, and 9th largest in the World according to the paperwork.

A friend of the family has the antlers up near Denver, and since her dad passed away a few years ago, my wife wants to someday make a trip up to get them and have them mounted with a cape.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Hiker

I love to see those old bucks. I saw one up in Gardiner Montana that looked similar to that one, it was hanging in a old store. They also had a grand slam of sheep mounted.

Hiker

"I sometimes wonder why children aren't allowed to read the Bible in school, but they're allowed to read it in prison?"

Good one Daryl

m gardner

I've got to get back to Mesa Co. They have some good bucks in the little store there. One has a plaque that tells which chair lift on the local ski resort it was shot under.
Mark

Hiker

Quote from: m gardner;62136I've got to get back to Mesa Co. They have some good bucks in the little store there. One has a plaque that tells which chair lift on the local ski resort it was shot under.
Mark

LOL! :biggthumpup:

recoil junky

If you guys ever get to Pinedale Wyo. chech out the grocery, hardware, sporting goods store there. WOW.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Hiker

Here's the ones I was talking about in Gardiner, Montana.

Hiker

Hiker

Tags: