Doing a little trappin'...

Started by Daryl (deceased), November 18, 2004, 01:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daryl (deceased)

A few days ago I was here on the 'puter when I heard something moving in by the washing machine...

It seems I have a ground squirrel (at least one) that's dug his way under my house and finally found his way inside..

Last time something happened like this I used a small snare. This time, however, this little critter is pushing the snare aside and has thus far avoided it. I started to go in to Wally World for a couple of big rat traps, but then I remembered...

There are a few old conibear traps (body grip traps) out hanging in the garage. *light bulb comes on in Az's head*

One was just right, with about 4 1/2 inch jaws.

The next time this chewing, destructive little critter sticks his nose in my house, he's history!

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Marlin917VS

Good luck getting him.  At first when I read it I didn't notice the word ground before the word squirrel (ground squirrel).  I was thinking how the the heck can a squirrel dig into someones house.  Im used to the tree squirrels where I live and I dont think they have very vast digging abilities.  I read it a second time and it made a lot more sense.  My dad was telling me a story.  We had a mouse in our house before i was even alive, and my dad had a couple of those 22 shotgun shell things.  He put it in our 22 revolver and got the mouse.  Left a few small dents in our washing machine but he said it was fun.  Later
"If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil."

The 30-06 is like a perfect steak next to a campfire, a .300 Win Mag is the same but with mushrooms, a baked potato, and some A-1 Steak sauce...

Daryl (deceased)

.22 shot loads?  Hmm...I have a few of those.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

rockinbbar

I think you need the contraption the Gitano posted in the Black Powder forum...LOL.
Might wake you up at night tho....

If your dogs didn't like to eat cats like M&M's you could use the natural method..LOL

Man, aren't I full of interesting suggestions tonite?   :)

Rockin'
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

RatherBHuntin

My Papa had the same solution Marlin's dad did, unfortunatley it was significantly more than a .22 shotshell. I still remember the holes in the ceiling and Granny's disapproving scowl everytime the story was told. I got the impression some "whitelightning" was involved.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Daryl (deceased)

Rockin',

I guess I could just let the dogs in the house.  They'd most likely get the squirrel, but they'd also wreck the house!  LOL

Not sure which would be worse; the cat or the squirrel in here...'specially if the dogs found out it was in here!  LOL

Oh well, traps work 24/7 without much mess.  I also got 'hold of a havahart trap tonight that I'll set tomorrow.

His days are numbered and few around my house.

Daryl

RIP Linden33

Daryl (deceased)

Update:

At 6:55 AM the trap went off while I was here on the 'puter.  One ground squirrel bit the dust!

Now to re-set the trap and see if there's more than one!

:D

Those old trappin' skills and equipment sometimes come in handy!

Daryl

RIP Linden33

huntallday

Tags: