Need a good pheasant recipe

Started by Gunslingergirl, October 11, 2006, 09:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunslingergirl

My Dad is going pheasant hunting in early November.  We will most likely have pheasant for Christmas dinner.  Usually we just do it in a crock pot and have pheasant and gravy.  I'm wondering if anyone has any other recipes?  It might be fun to try something different this year.

Kristine
We still do not know one-thousandth of one percent
of what nature has revealed to us.
Albert Einstein

buckshot roberts

:D GSG here is some my wife has used,

Roast Pheasant in Irish Cream
SauceOASTED PHEASANT
Bookmark this valuable site

1 pheasant
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 bay leaf
3 stalks celery
1/3 cup melted butter
6 bacon slices
1 med. onion
1 (3 oz.) can mushrooms
1 chicken bouillon cube
1/2 cup Irish Cream Whiskey
One half cup heavy cream
Seedless Grapes Wild rice
Sprinkle salt and pepper on pheasant. Put onion, mushrooms and celery in bird's cavity. Place breast side down on a rack in the roasting pan. Dribble melted butter over breast and place bacon strips on top of bird. Mix onion, mushrooms, and reconstituted bouillon cube together and pour into bottom of roasting pan.
Turn bird breast side up 20 minutes beore it is done and cove breast with bacon slices. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes per pound or until bird is tender.
Deglaze pan, pour off fat, blend residue with vegetavles on high with cream and Irish Cream for a sauce. Add grapes, Serve with wild rice.

Mexican Pheasant
    2 Cups Cooked Pheasant, Cut in 1 inch bites
    1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
    1 can Cream of Chicken of Chicken Soup
    1/2 Jar Medium Salsa
    1 Cup Sour Cream
    2 Cup Monterey Jack/Cheddar Cheese
    1/2 Cup Onion Chopped
    1 Package Corn Tortillas cut in strips
    Combine pheasant, soups, onion, salsa, sour cream and 3/4 cheese.
    Layer mixture with tortilla strips. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 F

Honey Baked Pheasant

Legs and breast of 1 pheasant, skinned
    1/2 cup flour
    1/2 cup chopped parsley
    2 cups honey
    1 cup butter
    salt and pepper to taste Fillet breast and bone the thighs. Cut into approx. same thickness pieces. Season the flour with salt and pepper and dredge the pheasant. Dust pheasant pieces with onion powder. Melt 3/4 cup butter in skillet over medium heat. Brown pheasant pieces and place in a lightly oiled 9x13 glass casserole. Sprinkle with parsley. Add honey and 1/4 cup butter to the skillet. Mix well until butter is melted, then pour over the pheasant (should come about halfway up on the pheasant pieces). Seal the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes at 325 degrees.
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/LIST][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Gunslingergirl

Thanks Buckshot.  These sound really good !

GSG
    We still do not know one-thousandth of one percent
    of what nature has revealed to us.
    Albert Einstein

queen of the woods

Either one of my dove recipes are great with pheasant.
    I\'d rather hunt with Dick Chaney than ride with Ted Kennedy

Tags: