what ya shootin

Started by turkey hunter, June 08, 2006, 06:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey hunter

hi,i was just intrested in wut yall are hunting turkys with.

buckshot roberts

:D it was an old model 37 winchester for a numbers of years, but the last few have been a winchester model super-x 2  24 inch, but any ole shotgun will work :D , Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

davidlt89

I use a Mossberg 835 ulti-mag with advantage camo. I put federal size 4 3 1/2 shells through it. Did not cost alot and works great. Kicks like a mule though, worst gun I have for recoil when I put the 3 1/2's through her.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

turkey hunter

i use a moss.835 tactical turky,use a .695 choke and rem.nitros #4,3" if u want to see that gun go to mosberg.com

Daryl (deceased)

Winchester mod 37 in 20 gauge.  Nuthin' fancy, but it works every time!

:)

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

RyanH

Mossberg 835 with a comp-n-choke and also my Mathews Switchback!

hatracked

I shoot a Mossberg model 500 20 gauge with a undertaker choke. Did some extensive barrell work to it and actually overfixed it to the point that it now shoots such a tight pattern anything under 20 yards gets shot in the base of the neck. Its a wicked little turkey gun and best news of all is I got less than 220 bucks in it paint job and all.
John Coit
The modern bowhunter celebrates his anscestry by the use of the bow and arrow.

Paul Hoskins

Old 94H Srevens 20 gauge that I sawed the barrel off to 18 inches and made and fitted a 4 inch long "over full" choke for. Old Weaver steel hull El Paso 2.5 scope for sights. Will outshoot most 12 gauges at forty using Rem. Express #6's. Light, short and a freebie. Can't beat that..............Paul H

dawei

I use a Mossberg® Mdl 500C 20 gauge with a Hastings® Super Full Extended Turkey Choke (.570") stoked with Remington® Hevi•Shot® 3" 1¼oz #6's. Please see this post from last years pattern work: http://thehunterslife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5428&highlight=as+I+get+older
David
Only two defining forces have ever died for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, & Marine
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

rabbitrunner

12 ga. BPS . 22" with extended turkey choke and rifle sights.

mbunch

I am shooting the Moss. 835 Ulti Mag. I shot 3.5" last year but my shoulder can take no more. I am going to shoot 3" this year. Good shooting gun as long as you can get past the beat'n you take from it.

davidlt89

mbunch,
I hear ya buddy, shoot the same gun with 3 1/2's. First time I shot the 3 1/2's, it made me think on doing it again. I was trying to pattern the shell on a turkey target. needless to say I was not to picky. 3" will work fine. Also, is anyone noticing a pattern, awful lot of mossbergs showing up on this post!!!!!!!!!
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

dawei

Quote from: Daryl;45869Winchester mod 37 in 20 gauge. Nuthin' fancy, but it works every time!

:)

Daryl
Is your Winchester® 2¾" or chambered for 3" shells?
David
Only two defining forces have ever died for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, & Marine
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

grizz1219

Mossberg Ultimag, 3 1/2" Winchester XX 5's, 2.25 oz, comp-n-choke XX keeps 295 pellets in an 11" circle at 25 yards....... Definitely a turkey slaying machine!!!!!! :biggthumpup:
NRA LIFE MEMBER

NWTF SPONSOR MEMBER

super 30

Haven't yet, but soon will hunt turkey. Just got a Browning SL Gold Hunter. Oughta do OK.

Tags: