Anyone know what this is?

Started by Gmoney, February 26, 2006, 11:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmoney

Went home quickly this weekend for my brothers final high school basketball game and of course went hunting.....

Had some good action for 2 hourse....7 productive stands in a row then they quit....

Called up this dude, they are pretty rare around my area and a lot of people see this and have no idea they are in TX......any guesses? Those who know...shhhhhhhh

Threw in a fox pic as well.....the .204 is out of commission for a while b/c of the superior skills of a FED-EX employee (ehhh Barry!) so I had to settle for a 45 grain HP out of a .223......
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

buckshot roberts

Gmoney, been out in your area a lot over the years, I never saw anything like that gritter, I have no idea, but thats a dang good pic of it, Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Daryl (deceased)

I know what it is, but I'll let y'all guess a while.

;)

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

rockinbbar

I second Daryl...I know, but I'll give it some time...LOL.

One day Fed-Ex will show, Greg...;)
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

RatherBHuntin

I think I know.  I've only seen one, and it was roadkill down by the San Saba.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Antler3

I have no idea, but I'll take a guess....a ringtail tooter LOL !  I am anxiously awaiting the answer though.
ANTLER 3

Hunterbug

A south Texas fur tailed short nosed rat? I have no idea.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

crowkiller

Come on tell us what that is, I´ve been searching the net for an hour now!:)
It looks like a cat...

bowhunter 51

I think you done popt-a-cap on somebodies exotic critter, done escaped!!!...
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

gitano

Very cool. You know what I'm asking don't ya Gmoney? :D

Bassariscus astutus - would be a big hint for those that web-crawl.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Gmoney

Gitano, I have bad news...I know what you're asking.....The freezer I was going to freeze your animals in before shipment...well, errr......guess what?  Put it this way...the other day I noticed an odd smell in the kitchen...Could not determine what it was....SOOOOO...I then put my hearing to use and notice the big deep freeze is not working.....I open the freezer and I had lost about 1/2 of the venison sausage I made over the break b/c the freezer quit running....so I have no deep freeze anymore so I may have to raincheck you on the critters till I have the resources to do so....

This dude is a ringtail cat....Gitano got it right....100 % nocturnal and he had woodpecker on his menu tonight as he almost climbed in the truck with me....they eat fruit, insects, lizards, birds, carrion....basically whatever they can get in their mouth.....their tail is much biger is person than what the picture shows and I must say they are beautiful....for those who want more info do a google for "ringtail cat".......good guesses everyone....;)
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

killahog

I have no Idea but I would like to gun one down. I think I would have checked the game laws before I put a picture on the net. you did say you found it dead as a road kill correct;)

Daryl (deceased)

Killahoo,

They're legal, at least here in Az they are.  Trouble is, they're nocturnal, and the only thing we can hunt at night here is raccoon.

Go figure.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

sav17

oops appears to be on the red list:D your friend ..................................Richie
happiness is a critter in the crosshairs

Hunterbug

A ringtail. I didn't know that they were a North American species. You learn something new every day.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Tags: