Coyote Bait

Started by shrim_p, February 22, 2006, 03:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shrim_p

I am trying to get into coyote hunting and trying to learn different ways and techniques to get a coyote, and heard that a good and easy way to bait a coyote is: to cut up a fish and put it in a jar with water, set it out in the sun for a couple of days until it turns into mushy type stuff then pour it out in the spot that you will be targeting the yotes. Does this work? And what are some good suggestions for yote hunting?  Thanks

Hunterbug

Sounds like an awefull lot of work to me. I'd go get a stuffed animal from the second hand store for a decoy and try calling.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Gmoney

Sounds like hog bait to me.....;)
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

Daryl (deceased)

Do you want to just attract coyotes, or do you want to kill them?

That would likely work well if you set traps to go with the bait, but somehow trying to watch a bait 24/7 seems a bit boring and hard to accomplish.

I'd try calling, and if you REALLY want to use the bait, set it out while  you call.  It won't help much, but it might give you more confidence in the calling.

Good luck!

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

shrim_p

I have a Primos rabbit distress call, do these work well to bring in the yotes?

Daryl (deceased)

Yeah, when used properly calls will call COYOTES very well.  A lot better than sitting over a bait.

Good luck,
Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

shrim_p

I read in a hunting magazine that if the coyotes catch your sent, they will come from down wind so that their "prey" doesnt smell them.So this magazine advised facing your back to the wind or the coyotes will come in behind you and youll never get a shot.  what are some of your opinions?

Tags: