bobcat hunting

Started by BullzEye17HMR, January 17, 2006, 03:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BullzEye17HMR

i would like to start hunting bobcats around the areas i deer hunt in since deer season is over.  does anyone have any tips on locations where bobcats would most likly be and what calls and baits to use?

JRD

I had one come into a cottontail distress this past weekend.  Too bad we can't shoot them here.:frown   As far as setups, I would just setup the way you would for yotes.  At least that is what I was doing.  I don't know for sure because I have never hunted them specifically.  The way I hunt yotes on my farm is I set up to where it is very hard for them to circle down wind of me.  But I'm not sure cats act the same.  This one came in very fast, and never even acted like he was checking the air.  Good luck, hope ya bag one.

JRD

BullzEye17HMR

thanks, ive got a kind of cheap electronic call and im looking to get a few hand held calls or mouth calls.  ill use those and some fresh bait and maby ill get one.

Gmoney

Around water, in thick briars or brush....I prefer to hunt them during the day with a decoy but night can be effective
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

BullzEye17HMR

thanks, is it legal to bait them where you hunt?

Tags: