Opening Weekend

Started by Hornet, October 17, 2005, 07:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornet

Wow, what a great way to start opening weekend, full moon, two nights, four dead yots, one grey fox, and plenty more called in. We started out on Sat night about midnight, at the 1st drop, with in 15 min we had a big male dead on the ground about 130 yds out with the 22 Hornet. On the 2nd drop we got out of the truck walked about 30 yds to a corn field that was about 1/2 picked, fired up the roddent onthe old FOX PRO, it only played for about 30 sec there they where, a pack of 5 within 40yds, dropped 2 of them before they knew what had happened, but could not get the others to come back. The rest of the night not much went on called two more in but would not give us a good shot, but that ok we still had three to skin.
On Sun night we got out a little earlier it was about 9 pm or so, the 1st 4 drops we made = nothing. on the 5th drop we called the young grey fox in to about 100 yds and he decided to pull up a seat in the middle of a picked bean field, so we made him lay down. We had made several more drops that night but and had 1 come in but got down wind of us and was gone, and we had three others that would not come out of the brush, so we headed for the house. We roll into my hunting partner drivewayat about 3 am went into the skinning shed and started to skin the fox. We where about done skinning when we hear the yots out side, we grab the rifle, light and the call and head outside. We walked around to the back of the shed flipped the light on in his field and there they stood about 75 yds out in the field, my buddy had grabbed my rifle that he had never shot befor, I had the light, and there was no time to trade, because they are on a full run straight at us chasing his house dog. His dog was about 25 or 30 yds ahead of them, he pulls up shoots and folded the first one up like a lawn chair, not enough time to get another 1 of the 2 remaining yots. We go out and pick the old female up bring her back into the shed, a perfect head shot on a full run.
SORRY I did not gey any pics.
Happy hunting and Let the howling begin

Gmoney

Sounds like an awesome night...wish my yotes would come in like that......:)
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

SuperMag

That sounds like some good hunting to me.  We have open Season on coyotes out here.  They have really thinned out the rabbit population.
SuperMag

clarkston_cz

Nice! what rifle are you using? CZ makes a superb .22 hornet:)

CZforum.com & www.cz-zone.com

FOR ALL OF YOUR CZ NEEDS!

Hornet

You bet they do, I would not own anything else. The CZ has been a great rilfe for me, I have the American hornet and 22 long, Just got a new 712 shotgun from CZ also

Tags: