RU Hunting Deer this year?

Started by Hiker, July 15, 2005, 01:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hiker

Did any of you hit on your deer tag this year? Where?

My bride & I hit on Colorado 3rd season Buck Tags. Rifle

I was blessed with a Wyoming Buck Tag. Bow/Rifle

I applied for Kansas & North Dakota but was unsuccessful.

Hiker

m gardner

Yup, I drew Utah and Colorado. I'll also hunt Vermont and the Adirondacks in New York where I grew up. I've got 2 months to hunt this year. Praise the Lord! God bless and good hunting.

Mark

Hiker

Mark,

Congratulations! Utah is suppose to have some Monsters. I'm starting to apply for some points there, so I can, Lord willing, hunt there someday.

Hiker

m gardner

Hiker, You can find some monsters in the general hunt areas and hunt with no points. Just like in Colorado. Alot of the premium areas only offer the opportunity for an uncrowded hunt. Some of the more rugged parts of the southeast area of Utah aren't hunted hard because they are hard to hunt. I scout to find the 'tells' left by other hunters. No pop cans, sandwich wrappers, cigarette butts, etc. mean no one hunts it. God bless and good hunting.

Mark

Hiker

Mark,
That's a smart way to scout. I'm trying to study Utahs' Hunting Booklet and figure out the hunting. I like to hunt rugged country and would be interested in learning more about SE Utah and Utah in general. Do you Elk hunt in Utah?

Jeff

m gardner

Hiker, I also go to places I'd like to hunt to see what actually happens during the season. Utah general elk season is not one I think I'd ever be tempted to hunt. It's crowded and there are fewer animals than Colorado. The trophy hunts are a different story if you don't mind waiting to draw. God bless and good hunting.

Mark

Hiker

Mark, Thanks for the info. I would like to try a nice draw area for a Big Bull some year in Utah. Some of those Utah hunts on TV has some monsters!

I was looking at SE Utah, Maps. I didn't see a lot of public land. Is it very difficult finding good Deer ground in SE Utah?

Jeff

Hunterbug

I'm hunting with an archery buck tag this year. I now have 2 points and I'll build up a few more before going for a good tag in a choice unit. I'm not overly concerned if I get a deer this year. I'll get an elk and that's plenty of meat for me and my family.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Daryl (deceased)

I won't be hunting deer this year.  Just checked the web site and I was turned down for elk, deer, and bighorn sheep.

On the other hand, I did draw an Arizona buck antelope tag for the first time in my life.  That'll make up for the other disappointments....

and who knows, maybe I'll head up to Colorado to hunt elk with an over the counter tag.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Hiker

Congradulations on the the Pronghorn tag. Arizona has a lot of  B&C goatalopes. Are you going to rifle or bow hunt?
Jeff

Vermonster

Bow season starts first weekend in Sept, then rifle in Oct....

MGardner...... Vermont????  I go every year to hunt with my Dad but may not be able to go this year....

m gardner

Vermonster, I used to live in Beninington. My folks live just acroos the border in Hoosick Falls. From what I here the hunting's not very good. Last year they took very few bucks. It'll be a good time to family and friends. I'll stop in York Nebraska to go on a job interview on the way back. God bless and good hunting.

Mark

Vermonster

MG,

I am from Swanton.  My parents still live there.  This year will be the first year of a trial antler restriction in the county I hunt and 3 others.  This will be the first time I cannot shoot spikes.....   Gotta have at least a fork.

God Bless you and your family also and great hunting!!!!!!!

WHITETAIL HUNTER

Quote from: VermonsterMG,

I am from Swanton. My parents still live there. This year will be the first year of a trial antler restriction in the county I hunt and 3 others. This will be the first time I cannot shoot spikes..... Gotta have at least a fork.

God Bless you and your family also and great hunting!!!!!!!

Vermontster,

The rule you are talking about up here accounts for the whole state, but the area's I smoke pole in are shut down for Doe's, God help the racked Buck's, no chance of making by.     Addison County resident(Vt).:eek:
Preserve the heritage, take a youth hunting.

Nothing outruns a deer, BUT A MAGNUM :eek:

m gardner

Whitetail Hunter, Vermont has been trying to recover it's deer herd since the early 1970's when about half the herd starved to death during bad winters. Or maybe some disease? I remember. The stench in the springtime was terrible! So far nothing's worked. I don't suspect the spike rule will help either, but they need to try something. I think it's called shooting in the dark. If you get depressed come west to hunt. Mule deer are plentiful and large in Colorado at this time. The areas 41, 42, 421, 31, 32 are fairly easy to draw and hold some nice bucks. God bless and good hunting.
                                           Mark

Tags: