new caller

Started by yotecurhunter, March 30, 2005, 04:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yotecurhunter

I just bought a Wildlife Technologies caller and I love how it sounds.  I know some of you frown upon hunting yotes this time of year, but I have to take it out and get a few.  Plus it will be good exercise for my dog.  I'll let you know how I do.  Laters
Sean G. Harrison

rockinbbar

Let us know how it does.

I hunt 'em year around, but they really are causing problems in my area with wildlife & livestock. :)
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

RatherBHuntin

I tried a couple of weeks ago after a hog hunt, no luck.  Didn't really call very long and only at one stand.  I think I am gonna try again weekend after next down by Sonora, looks like we have a weekend hunt lined up for hogs and predators.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Antler3

Good luck to you , looking forward to the stories :) .
ANTLER 3

Gmoney

You have friends in Sonora Glenn....? We should have got together when I was living in Mason....I had 3 places I called on in Junction..
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

RatherBHuntin

Yea we should have, busy schedules and all.  This will be my last few months in Texas, gonna try to make the best of it.  A friend of mine works horses for a guy in Sonora, we're going to hunt his ranch.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Gmoney

You're leaving Texas.....! Sad to here but I am sure that it is job related.......good luck....they are thick out that way.....
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

yotecurhunter

The new caller produced.  Hi wind and I called a yote in from the next drainage.  Showed up almost down wind about 600 yards or so.  Went straight down wind of us.  I had to take the far shot.  Earlier, called one in that bamboozled us.  Looked good and I could have shot him at 200, but I figured I'd let him come some more.  He was angling above us and went out of sight.  Didn't see him again.  I figured he snuck around out of sight and winded us.  Yesterday, nice warm day.  Not too much action until I had three yotes on top of a ridge looking down at us from about 600 yards or so.  They didn't seem too interested.  We went back to the truck, backtracked and drove up on top of the ridge and down close to where we thought they were.  1 minute or less with the red fox distress and here they came.  Full throttle!  I wanted my friend to shoot one so we let them get close, real close.  So close that I had to take my coyote before the other one was visible to my partner who was 40 yards to my right.  The hollow points did some damage from about 80 yards.  OH yeah,  I also killed 2 prairie dogs with one shot on the way out.  Made a canoe out of one and the other must have gotten killed by shrapnel.
Sean G. Harrison

Tags: