some hunting pictures

Started by yotecurhunter, March 18, 2005, 04:52:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yotecurhunter

Here are a few pictures from a hunt not all too long ago.  I can't say the dog really got any action with this yote.  I think he was sniffing around after a fairly long sit on this dog.  I did some rabbit squealing a few times and waited.  Kept trying and didn't see anything.  Finally, I decided to pull out my coyote howler (open reed) and started some mock coyote fight/ puppy distreess.  I wasn't done with my second call when I seen em coming down an ole two track road.  I repositioned myself as the yote was working his way down wind of me.  I lipped squeaked and he stopped.  I held right on his lower third and squeezed.  I saw some snow flying around and a tail.
Sean G. Harrison

rockinbbar

Cool pics YCH,

Looks a little cold up there. Gotta luv huntin' in the snow....One of my favorite things to do.:)

Rockin'
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Daryl (deceased)

I agree with rockin'; love hunting in the snow.  Only thing is, we don't get much down here!

Thanks for sharing the pic's.  That's a good looking cur.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Gmoney

Awesome pictures man......looks like a blast....wish I could have gotten out more this year myself..
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

Daniel in Ak

great pics dude,thanks for sharing.

Mark Kaiser

Cool pics looks like a nice snow cover

yotecurhunter

Thanks gentlemen!  The snow cover is good, but it almost helps to camo those yotes.  If you look at the picture that has my truck in it and the color of the yote, you can tell it's hard to see them unless their moving.  If you get a fresh snow that covers the sagebrush, it's ten times easier to see those buggers.  I was lucky that their wasn't more snow.  Typcially for that time of year, it's hard to get around, but that day I went everywhere I wanted to.  Either that or the snow that is there gets piled up in spots by our wyoming wind.  Actually, this yote was the first I took with my new ..223 AR-15.  I wounded two yotes earlier this year and I missed 4 in one day.  Yep, 4.  3 of them were moving shots(one really moving), one was standing.  It was just one of those days.  I think I have a better feel for how my gun shoots.
Sean G. Harrison

Mark Kaiser

Ya they would blend rite in with the field because the grass is still showing a little and there fur is perfect camo.

good huntin,
mark

Antler3

Thanks for sharing those ! Great pics. and looks like a fine time indeed. Yep good looking dog too :).
ANTLER 3

Tags: