Input on 204

Started by Quail_Farmer15, March 07, 2005, 07:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quail_Farmer15

I am thinking about getting one of these guns I would like to know what everyone thinks about these.

calestus

A few posts below is this thread http://www.thehunterslife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1845

It has good info in it. As far as what i think about the caliber i will soon be adding a ruger #1 in .204 to my bag-O-tricks.

Gmoney

Read that post and then if you have more questions let me know....also read my post about varmint shooting with a .204....
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

clarkston_cz

The .204 is gaining ground rapidly as Spring approaches and coyote season runs into groundhog season. My Dealer in Idaho hasn't been able to get any .204
 ammo in the last 2 months. Any rifle in .204 sells fast around here.
 If not a CZ Varmint model, I'd have a Ruger!

CZforum.com & www.cz-zone.com

FOR ALL OF YOUR CZ NEEDS!

sniper1

The .204 is a good soild round, everyone has there favorites but I have to say the .204 has become mine.  I own .22 hornets, .223's, 22-250's, the 220 swift ect.  In my experience, i have found the .204 to be very accurate with light recoil and exsplosive on varmits.  I know I will catch some flak over this but I have disposed of several Ground Hogs at 600 + yards with this round in the Savage  model 12FV with accu-trigger. The yardages were verified with laser
rangfinders. Before anyone jumps the gun, I do a lot of shooting and am quite   aware of how far 600 yards is.  Good luck to you and yours.
Sniper1

Willywonka

Geesh 600 yards with a .204 you must have held that retical way high to get that shot to reach! Thats some pretty good shooting I'd say. And no you shouldn't catch any flak for it especially since your varmint hunting and I'm willing to bet the little buggers went down right away.

Tags: