Building a custom CZ?

Started by bluebird, October 14, 2004, 07:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebird

Hey all, I would like to hear your thoughts on my proposed idea :
CZ do not surrently make a 527 varmint kevlar in .204 Ruger, they do however make a 527 varmint. I contacted CZ asking if I am able to buy any part of a rifle which I may need-they said yes. So my idea is if I was to buy:
527 varmint barrel, action & bolt in .204
527 varmint varmint Trigger guard/magazine housing & magazine
527 varmint Kevalar stock

Would this be a sound rifle after construction? And would it be easy to do?
Cheers
Bluebird

Hunterbug

Wouldn't it bea easier and cheeper to simply buy the 527 Varminter in 204 then sell the stock on auctionarms or ebay and then buy the kevlar stock? And this way you wouldn't have to pay some gunsmith to put it all together.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Noyb72

Hunterbug
I think you are correct, it would be cheaper. But, assuming the smith is a good smith, Bluebird's rifle would be much nicer than the rifle you describe. The headspace and chamber alignment would be better, this would be the time to have the trigger sorted out, and the finish and overall quality of the rifle would be higher. This is quite a specialized rifle, and because of that I think the extra investment would be more than worth it. Any way, this is just my opinion.

Ron

bluebird

Hunterbug,
                I could do that possibly-but in aus I don't know if there is much of a market for a cz 527 varmint stock.
My other option I thought would be to buy a normal varmint rifle and simply wait until they release a kevlar version and trade in the wooden stock - I am not real kean on this idea though. I am still interested in other peoples opinions on this - so keep it comin, please.
Cheers
Bluebird

Tags: