whats for supper tonight you ask?

Started by davidlt89, December 01, 2014, 12:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

DEER LIVER! with a side of fries! Yeah baby!!!! Had a friend shoot and 8pt last week and I shot him a text while still in the woods if he could save me the heart. I did not hear back so I figured in all the excitement it was the last thing he was thinking about. Come to find out, not only did he save the heart, he saved the liver also!!!

I was very excited as I have not had deer liver in over 30 years!!!!! They (the state) came out awhile back and had "warnings" on eating the liver out of moose and deer. Something due to mercury levels I think!! Blah Blah Blah!!! then liver got a bad rap for "storing cholesterol", but how much cholesterol can an animal who eats grass have?????? Yeah!!! anyway, I would take this and the heart over any piece of the deer any day!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

I love game liver as long as it doesn't have any parasites in it. Unfortunately, up here, moose and caribou that have gotten big enough to shoot - 3 to 4 years old or older - usually have liver flukes. Cooking kills them of course, but the thought is disgusting! I did have two moose hearts and tongues this year. Mmm, mmm, good!

You have a good friend that will save those for you! Among heart, liver, kidney, and tongue; tongue is my favorite.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

I have not had a tongue in a long time!!! It may be time!! God bless

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

drinksgin (deceased)

Rub it in! The last fresh liver I had was when I whacked a goat for sausage, and that was 3 years ago. I am an offal cook,(pun),  By the way, where are the sliced  hot , strong onions?
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

davidlt89

Quotewhere are the sliced hot , strong onions?
I am hearing you loud and clear Don, I just did not have the onions and got the liver unexpected!!! God Bless.

sakorick

As a heart patient, it's on my no no list. 3.5 ounces of Venison liver has 88.4% saturated fat and 50.8% Cholesterol of recommended daily intake. There is no way I can eat just 4 ounces of something good so I just avoid it.:(
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

recoil junky

EEEEEEEEWWWW!!! Gave me shivers and worse!!!

David, you can eat ALL that you want.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

davidlt89

QuoteDavid, you can eat ALL that you want.
Oh, I am!!!!! God Bless.

drinksgin (deceased)

RJ, you would have starved growing up in South Texas in the '40's and '50's.
I still enjoy the standards ,sesos con huevos, menudo,tripas, tripas de leche, sweetbreads, barbacoa de cabeza, machitos, machado con huevos, cojones de cabrito and many other goodies too good to waste on the unappreciative.
The primary rule on most of the items listed is the need for it to be really fresh.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: