Wow!!!!

Started by Vermonster, February 03, 2005, 07:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vermonster

Don't know about the part with the pistol, as it looks like a shovel to me.  But, the rest of it looks believable........  Very impressive deer........

Oh, and sorry if this was posted already..... :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am forwarding these phenomenal shots of a live and a dead deer
with Locked horns in Oregon. They shot the horn off the dead deer
with a pistol to free the live one. The live one continued to fight with the
dead one and charged the truck! This happened over the 2004 Thanksgiving
weekend.
 They only had doe tags!!

Vermonster

Vermonster

And here  he comes back..... ;)

Antler3

Wow is right !  Some good bucks there. It's good they were able to help them get parted. Those bucks sure act differently during the rut ! Since they only had doe tags I wonder what they did with the already dead buck ?? Thanks for sharing that ,very interesting :)
ANTLER 3

Vermonster

Actually, I guess they could have shot one horn off... I just looked at the photos again and noticed the right front fork of the dead one is missing.....

gitano

That is one ticked off buck!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

It's unusual for mulies to be so aggressive. That's why in places where you have both mulies and whitetails the whitetail bucks will breed mulie does but rarely the other way around.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Kanibal

I have heard that it is impossible for mulies and whitetails to reproduce due to their genetic makeup.  But I do know that whitetails are more aggressive and will push mulies out of their territory.  That is an especially big problem in Eastern Washington and why the local biologists are concerned about mule deer populations as whitetails are continually pushing into mule deer territory.  Blacktails and mule deer can however interbreed as blacktail are a sub species of mule deer.  A lot of blacktail/mulie cross deer can be seen in the Cascade Mountains all the way down to California where blacktail and mulie bounderies overlap.  Thats what makes it difficult to determine B&C and P&Y scores in the Cascades as there are a lot of half breeds.  True blacktails on the pacific coast are a lot smaller than the inland crossbreed.
-Richard

Hunterbug

It's not impossible. On the eastern plains of Colorado there are mulie/whitetail hybreds. They will have the colors of a mulie and the antlers of a whitetail.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Gmoney

It is definately possible for the two species to interbreed....the mixing of characteristics of the two species can be very strange indeed......antlers, ears, tail.....who knows what they will look like...
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

Vermonster

Sure, they have big ears and a white tail.... ;)

Seriously though, we have the Mulie/Blacktail mixes here in SoCal.... Don't know anything about the Mulie/White mixes though.....

Mark Kaiser

Well my friend shot a mulie and whital mix and it was wierd cuz when i first saw it hangin and it had a whitale tale and when I saw the picture of it the face was a mule deer face. It was like from the head two half the back was mule deer and from there on there was whitetale so it very strang.

good huntin,
mark

Big Red Trike

QuoteI have heard that it is impossible for mulies and whitetails to reproduce due to their genetic makeup. But I do know that whitetails are more aggressive and will push mulies out of their territory.
Here in Saskatchewan, we have the opposite problem....the Mules are moving into typical whitetail habitat. Whitetail feed on farm land (grain, alphalpha, etc).

MULE DEER: AROUND THESE PARTS
- Our mules graze on the pasture. Next time you shoot a mule cut its stomach look and see what it was eating.....90% of the contents will be pasture grass not grain,etc
- In order for the mule buck to breed a doe he comes in with his head low to the ground like a fawn coming to nurse and the doe relaxes and nature takes its course.
- Mules Bucks collect harems and take the harems back into the dirtiest, nastiest, toughest country.
- Mule deer are range animals, they travel long distances and don't typically have a home area.

WHITETAILS: AROUND THESE PARTS:
- Our Whitetalis feed on farm land, very little pasture grass.
- To breed the Whitetail Bucks just run around like idiots and the does stand or don't stand.
- Whitetails have a home area it may be a few miles, but its central for them, until the rut...then its a free for all.....

I have seen mule does that have whitetail markings and a whitetail buck with Mule deer antlers....but I AIN'T NEVER SEEN AN ELEPHANT FLY.

Regards

BRT

Willywonka

Here in washington state we have the mulie whitetail hybrids on the eastern side of the state. I'm starting to see some whitetails on the western side of the mountains too so I'm guessing that we're also gonna have blacktail whitetail mixes. I can't wait because we could really use the increase in numbers and the larger body and antler mass. Personally the biggest blacktail I've shot here was a 3 point with my bow. he weighed about 150 which isn't that much in comparison to whitetail or mulies.

billythekidrock

Great pictures.

I have read that when this happens the "survivor" will end up dying due to the stress of the struggle. I hope that is not true in this case.

Tags: