opening day

Started by farmboy, November 05, 2014, 05:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmboy

It was opening day for both whitetail and mule deer on the farmland in southern Alberta today.I was awarded a tag by draw on mule deer and came across a nice medium sized buck. He was a 4 x 3 and presented an easy shot. he
walked down a depression i walked over and crawled the last way he was standing 98 yards away with his bum facing me he turned to look and i took the shot. it entered his left lung near back of it went though at a sharp angle destroyed his heart and then through the front of his right lung and exited out of his body just in front of his right front shoulder. He fast walked forward 30 yards and dropped over dead.

Well i bought a Parker Hale 1200 v in 6 mm remington and it seems to shot really well so i thought i would take that today. I have never been a big fan of 243 win or 6mm rem for deer hunting kind of thought that a deer rifle started  at a 25 06 anyhow i was quite impressed how it worked today and the total amount of penetration with just a standard bullet nothing fancy. I did get to watch the action through the scope that was neat!

Brithunter

Photos???  you realise it didn't happen without the photos to share :nana:.

Personally I would love to see any of the rifle itself having an avid interest in P-H rifles.
Go Get them Floyd!

sakorick

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

farmboy

Quote from: Brithunter;134956 Photos???  you realise it didn't happen without the photos to share :nana:.

Personally I would love to see any of the rifle itself having an avid interest in P-H rifles.

How do I post pictures? The rifle was unfired when I bought it with a few safe dings. I paid 600 Canadian for with an old 4x12 tasco on it bought it about a month ago.

gitano

Congratulations!

I think we need a tutorial on posting photos put in the reference section and in the support forum. In the mean time here are a couple of options for you, farmboy.

The simplest and easiest on the viewers is to use a third party photo manager like photobucket (//www.photobucket.com) (hereafter "PB"). There are others out there, and some are better than PB, but most here at THL know how to use PB.

If you go to PB and upload your pictures, you can cut and past the link (provided by PB) right in the text of your post where you want the picture to appear. You also don't have to "down-size" them to fit the THL editor.

Try PB or another photo-manager and let me know if you have any trouble. We'll get it resolved, I can assure you.

Looking forward to seeing those pictures!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

farmboy

i will get the pictures of the one i got from my friend today! wow that worked!

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Simple way is to 'wrap' your link with bbcode for an image

Or just use the 'insert image' icon - yellow with mountain and moon and paste your pic link in the box. This just adds the image tags to the link.

For example:

Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

farmboy

here is the head

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

OK, quick tutorial regarding inserting images 'in line'
First click on 'insert image' icon

The enter image url dialog box appears.

Paste your copied image url in this box.

This is what you see in your post editor after hitting 'ok'.
Note the image tags at the beginning and end of the url.

Lastly the images I used in this post...
Turvey Stalking
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

farmboy

Quote from: j0e_bl0ggs;135008OK, quick tutorial regarding inserting images 'in line'
First click on 'insert image' icon

The enter image url dialog box appears.

Paste your copied image url in this box.

This is what you see in your post editor after hitting 'ok'.
Note the image tags at the beginning and end of the url.

Lastly the images I used in this post...
yes i tried that and when i did it that way and posted nothing opens after i post. so i just will not bother putting pictures up sorry for the hassle.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

It patently does work as I added the image tags to your photobucket url, please continue to post your pictures.  we all appreciate the effort. If you are having problems PM me or any of the mods and we will help you. I am sure the solution is quite simple.

The image tags - stuff in the square brackets - must have no spaces between them at the start of the url or the end and must both be there - take a look at my last example in the tutorial.
Turvey Stalking

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Right in this image I indicate where you must not have any spaces...

This is the link to your picture on photobucket;

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah31/catfarm1/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20141106_140531_zps8cd645fe.jpg

you can copy this into the address bar of your browser and it will take you to your photo to prove the link works.

You can add that to the insert pictures dialog or add tags to the beginning and end (take note of the front-slash to the end tag).
Do you notice that the tags do nothing here because of the space between them?

Here is your url with the tags...

Any problems please ask.
Turvey Stalking

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

Nice tutorial, j0e_bl0ggs. Thanks.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: