Lunch

Started by drinksgin (deceased), December 24, 2013, 12:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drinksgin (deceased)

We usually eat little or nothing at lunch, I fix a good hot breakfast and a 3 or 4 course hot supper so lunch is usually a light snack, a few crackers and cheese, a piece of fruit and cheese or a piece of buttered toast split between us.
Part is just not being hungry but some is me trying to keep a lid on our weight,( I have been known to pork up quick).
Today was a backslide, last month at Thanksgiving I got to thinking about the old fashioned red weiners I ate as a kid and rediscovered while living in Snook, next to the Sausage plant that still makes them.
I got on the phone, talked to a nice lady, and on Monday had about 8lb of red weiners on the way, UPS.
We ate some and froze the rest. I got to thinking about them today, asked Venie if she would like one, of course she said yes, then she asked if we had any beer, as it happens, I bought a 12 pack last week in case I wanted to do some BBQ marinade or beer risen bread.
So we had red weiners with hot mustard and a cold beer for lunch.
Was so good, may have to do it again.
All you young whippersnappers just do not know what real weiners taste like, it ain't nothing like the nasty mechanically separated chicken paste available in the stores, it even has a real meat texture and nice seasonings.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

gitano

Sounds like an EXCELLENT lunch!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

Sounds good Don!!!! and some quality time together!!
QuoteAll you young whippersnappers just do not know what real weiners taste like,
I feel that way about "red hotdogs"!! you have not eaten a hot dog until you have eaten a red one!!!!!!! Oh ya, I said it:grin: God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

recoil junky

John R. Daily's in Missoula used to make those wieners. Slow roasted on a willow stick over a fire of Dad's making. That with Mom's German potato salad and we was havin' us a picnic!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Got me smacking my chops and it is only 06:40...
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

drinksgin (deceased)

I really feel sorry for the pore little varmits who are being raised on the nasty mechanically separated chicken paste trash available now.
In the '40's most every small butcher shop made good small sausage, weiners, franks, hotdogs or what ever name they went by but the big companies and their super efficient manufacturing methods have done away with  most of the small producers.
A local supermarket sells their house brand hot dogs for .69c for 12, you know they must be very high quality!!!!!!
GAG!
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

They are rare like hens teeth here!
I will ask the local butcher if he will push through some sausage for me next time I have some venison available.
In the dark distant past , my Saturday job was at a butchers - got quite adept at making sausages (bangers). My old man was one for making the 'salami' (dry or smoke cured) type of sausage.

Must admit that I do not bother with the "nasty mechanically separated chicken paste trash"
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

kombi1976

We have an awesome butcher just down the street from us who breeds his own cattle & free range pork on a place outside of town. His sausages and rissoles (think big meatballs you grill) are amazing. He even does a pork & fetta sausage which is the "ducks guts" (even though it contains no duck! :greentongue:).
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

Tags: