deer 2013

Started by Hunterbug, October 22, 2013, 11:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunterbug

My oldest daughter, Hunter, and I drew doe tags east of RJs place for the second season. We tried for RJs area in the draw but ended up with our third choices. My wife and I were refinancing our house and as luck would have it the closing was Friday evening.:stare: So we got a much later start than I would have liked. We got in the area about 10:30 and found a place on some BLM land where there were people camped and threw up the tent and settled down for the night. The next morning we got up and headed to some state trust land that I know of. Driving up the road we saw several deer feeding just off the road. So we got to the parking area, loaded our rifles and worked our way back. We found the deer but they saw us. One nice doe was full broadside and Hunter dropped to kneeling and fired one shot. The deer kicked and ran about 20 yards up hill, towards the road, and dropped!

Here's Hunter with her first deer.

Play hard, nap hard.

A cow.

Some trees.

We went back to camp and napped a bit before the evening. While there we made friends with some other hunters who joined us for the evening. There was a nice draw with some trees and willows in the bottom. Hunter and another guy that had already filled his deer tag walked the bottom to see what would run out. Soon a nice doe and a yearling ran out. The doe stopped about 200 yards off. I dropped to one knee and fired one shot. She kicked and ran down into the willows and I saw them shake, she was done. Finally there were people around when I make a perfect one shot kill instead of when I screw it up. :greentongue:

They don't run far when they're missing parts like this.

Me with my doe.

The Hunters Moon.

Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

Outstanding!

Not much more to say than that.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

Uphill, towards the road? Bug has a gift.  :bowdown:

My congrats to Bug and you. Fine job.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Hunterbug

RJ, I know. If it has been me it would have fun over a hill, off a cliff,  and into a river. ;)

Paul,  her doe had at least as much fat as the one that you shot when you came out.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Alboy

Excellent story, pics and hunt. Congrats to all.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

davidlt89

great story, congrats to all!!! Oh, thanks for labeling the cow!:clown: God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Tags: