Muzzle brake 300WM

Started by j0e_bl0ggs (deceased), September 09, 2013, 02:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

A request from a client...

He wanted in the white so he could index it on his rifle then black it himself!

Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

22hornet

Very nice. How long does it take you to make one of these?
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

'bout 2 1/2 - 3hrs messing around, was not in a rush! Probably do it in an hour if someone was behind me whipping me...
Longest part of the job was finding suitable material.
Turvey Stalking
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

drinksgin (deceased)

Joe, why do you not make muzzle breaks like most others seem to have?
;D
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Quote from client;

"My god what a difference!! It's like shooting a .243 or similar.
the report is tolerable and side by side with a unmoderated .243 was not really noticeable
Sounds great!!"
Turvey Stalking

drinksgin (deceased)

Joe, check the spelling and compare definitions.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Gotcha! I do like to try and spell properly...
Turvey Stalking

gitano

I quit pointing out the difference between "breaks" and "brakes" after I got "set straight" on another site where I was properly put in my place by being told that "break" is correct because the device "breaks" the recoil. In most cases, the difference between "break" and "brake" is more a matter of the spelling acumen of the poster, and is therefore irrelevant. However, when "they" start erroneously explaining their errors and CASTIGATING those that point out the correct spelling, I am reminded of a pithy saying going around the internet these days: "You can't fix stupid".

In the grand scheme of things, I have grown into the attitude that spelling is genuinely secondary to communication. Spelling is only important when misspelling confuses the meaning. Here are a couple more commonly misspelled or misused terms that I have given up "correcting":

1) Moot versus mute - The point is MOOT, not mute. (I've been "corrected" on this one too, telling me the point actually IS "mute" because it has no "voice".)
2) "Baited" breath versus "Bated" breath. The widespread mis-use of "baited" has taken away the play-on-words I used to like to use: "I wait with bait on my breath." Too many people didn't get it.
3) Irregardless. Not exactly a misspelling. There simply is no such word. The correct term is "regardless".
4) A pet peeve of mine is "utilize". There is NO need EVER for that word. "Use" is EXACTLY the same as "utilize".

Dun wif conplayning now.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Breaks as in broken, Brakes as in stops....
Turvey Stalking

drinksgin (deceased)

I am not that good at spelling, usually came second in spelling bees in grade school, seems there was always a knobby kneed , 4 eyed girl who could do one more word than me!!!!!!!!
:<(

gitano

"I am not that good at spelling"...

BALONEY!

I am surrounded by three women (wife and two daughters) that ALL made it to the State Spelling Bee. My wife still hasn't learned NOT to correct people's spelling on the internet, mainly FaceBook, but she restrains herself most of the time. She really has to bite her tongue though.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

And what did I tell you about those females?
They just have some sort of edge!

Jamie.270

My favorite is when someone tells me I have a "tough road to hoe."

Who on God's green earth would ever hoe a road?

Then there's those that refer to it as a "muscle break."  I ALWAYS LOL.

BTW,...  Nice job j0e!
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

QuoteWho on God's green earth would ever hoe a road?
A Yankee that doesn't know what a hoe is for...

Paul

PS - and voted for Obama. :D
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: