17 Rem Coyote

Started by NMdoghunter, January 14, 2005, 06:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NMdoghunter

Finaly got free and got out to hunt. Very nice day here did not get anything to come in( That I saw that is) until about 315 PM, :) :)  then this Coyote came in yo 60 yards.

One shot with 25gr. Berger HP and this was the result.

Daryl (deceased)

NMdoghunter,

I use the same bullets, same caliber, and in fact the same rifle!  Works like a charm.

Congrat's!

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

NMdoghunter

AZ if you remember I asked you where you got your load from on another board, and you hooked me up with Shawn, 22.3gr of RL-15.

Finaly got to bloodly the gun been working to much, first time in a month that I get 2 days off had to get rid of stress, can't think of a better way to do it than in the field. I would still had a great time not calling anything in at all.

NM

Kit

congrats.  Seeing all that fur makes me envision it on these trailer windows...why not? lol!   I could just decorate **warmly** & pretend I live in a nice lodge of my own instead of a rental mobile home... brrrrrrrrrr tonight.  

I have not heard our yotes since their carrolling one 5 AM over the holidays.  I was looking around for my safety course info because I think I missed the question about yotes.   If I recall correctly, I answered that it was legal to shoot them (being as I have hens and I know I can shoot them legally if they get into my hens) but the trainer wanted me to recite that it wasn't legal to shoot them.  

I do hear shooting at times out on the farms in the same direction I usually hear the yotes (and today's paper reports that cougar sightings are increasing in the area...)
 ~Kit

Daryl (deceased)

Ahh...ok.  Yep, I remember now!  I've increased the powder a little in my load...22.5 grains, and it shoots as tight as I can hold it.  I'm seating the bullet out about an eighth inch longer than factory loads, and that really helps a lot with my accuracy too.

Shaun's going to be here tomorrow over at John-Henry's for the CG board's annual rondy.  He's a heck of a good fella, and I'm looking forward to spending some time with him and the otherrs calling coyotes during the next week or so.

Y'all take care, and I'll check in when I can!

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Tags: