You cat hunters out there!!

Started by Dragonfly, January 13, 2005, 09:58:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

Get a load of these pics!!!  Mule killing cat!!!

Dragonfly

Mule with dead cat after he had grabbed it by the throat slung it around then stomped on said cat.

Dragonfly

New rule of thumb.  If your planning on going cat hunting "Take a mule"

Notice the onlookers!!!:D

M1Garand

I've heard a lot of different stories on this from the lion was already dead from hunters to it attacked and the mule defended so who knows what the real story is behind it.

Dragonfly

The e mail I got said the cat attacked and the mule defended.

One thing about mules they will defend themselves from danger by kicking another animal to catching it in their mouths and choking.  I've seen it myself from my mule of a few years ago.  He seemed to know whether an animal was dangerous or safe.

One evening a bear wandered into his barn lot and he was on the chase.  He caused the bear to  get back out of his barn lot.  The bear squeezed between barbed wire fence and my mule went so far as to jump the fence after the bear chasing it into near by woods.  I didn't know all this was going on until I heard something at the garage door and looked and there stood my mule with his nose to the window.  I took him back to the barn lot and just suspected he had jumped the fence for some unknown reason.  He had never done it before so I walked the fence with a flashlight looking for maybe part of the fence was down but I found nothing.

I learned about the bear the next morning when a couple of men and dogs came to the house saying they had tracked the bear (which had been in town) to Buck's lot and out again.

After the men left I walked the fence line again and found black bear tuffs on the fence but no mule hair.

Kit

I have read that miniature donkeys are great protection for herd animals, so I'm not surprised if the large ones are as well.  
 ~Kit

Dragonfly

Kit if you have ever been around a herd of thoroughbred horses you will always see a mule or a donkey.  Racers, trotters have no sense.  They don't know when to get out of the sun, when to drink, when to eat and when to rest.  The mule or donkey is there to see they do these things.  And to also protect them from predators.

You can drive by a horse farm in Kentucky or Tenn and always see the donkey.  You have to look closely to recognize the mule.  The mule has most likely been born to one of the horse mares.  You have to look for the ears!!!

Tags: