Next year's Deer

Started by recoil junky, December 10, 2010, 02:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recoil junky

'Spooky' the 3 pt. buck on the left, finally let me take his picture. This was about 15 min. ago. He's been lurking for a week or so. I had to sneak through the shop, climb over the pen in the back of the shop so's not to spook him opening the door. Of course he's got "friends". When the flash went off (it wasn't 'sposed to) everybody, including the mule ran off. :laugh:

He really has four legs because I've got to get the book out for the camera so I can turn some things back off that I turned on that I didn't know I did. :huh2::stars::o.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Hunterbug

I'm glad to see you're planning ahead. ;) I'm planning on coming back as usual but I'll be bringing the youngest along for her first hunt as a companion.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

sakorick

You shouldn't be turning switches on and off on the new cameras! Just find the one that says "restore settings".....that's the only one I use!:eek:Regards, Rick.:jumpingsmiley:
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

recoil junky

Rick, I figured out what was wrong with the camera. It wasn't in "auto" :D

On another note, I was just now testing a new load for the .357. You know, shooting from under the deck? I didn't see any critters in the shooting lane (horse or mule) so I let fly. First shot made 2 deer run, 2nd made 3 more run, 3rd shot made 4 more run out from behind the barn. So, all together there were 9 deer assisting the horse and mule eat. :frown Of course Spooky was with them. None seemed very concerned as they stopped in between me and my target!!!!! :no: They don't know how lucky they are, as I only loaded 4 shots!!!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

bowhunter 51

:laugh::D...................................................BH51
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

JaDub

Saw this  posted today and thought I`d get the juices flowing...........just a bit.

JaDub

oh, and maybe this one...........

Hunterbug

Thoes are some nice deer, JaDub! Maybe some day the DOW will see fit to give be a buck tag and I'll get me one of them.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

JaDub

I think I`d have to raise the ceiling just a bit just to get  him  into the house.......   `course I`d have a lot of kissing-up to do with my other half just to get it inside. :kiss:

I do remember, some 10 years ago or so, the herd of huge Boone & Crockett class mulies that were contained  ( inside the fence ) on the Rocky Mtn Arsenal.   I kid thee not........  20 or so MONSTER bucks wondering  about  like frat boys around a sorority house.   I havn`t seen them for some time but I`ll bet they are still there......  OR  there are some pretty nice  glow-in-the-dark    mounts  over  some General`s  fireplce.  :eek:

Hunterbug

My Brother-in-law used to live right across the street from the arsenal and there were some monsters there. You can go to the visitor center and see some of them. I saw one the other day that might make B&C on my way to work. He was in a parking lot in Boulder.

Niccolo Machiavelli

Tags: