"ONE FIFTY YEAR OLD SAVAGE SHOTGUN"
..less than two hundred dollars...
"ONE BOX FEDERAL AMMUNITION"
..12,Gauge 2 3/4 inch #4 Shot,
10 Bucks @ Wal-Mart.....

"THE ABILITY TO TAKE THIS WILD TURKEY
WITHOUT ALL THE HIGH-TEC STUFF"
"PRICELESS"

Well guys this season almost went bust, all the turkeys from a few weeks ago went missing from the spot I had hope to take one. It took me all of monday to found them, eagerly searching for food, there numbers were down from last week, being season opened this past saturday.
on my second day of hunting , I left home way before day light and went to the spot I had planned I saw three turkeys down in a valley scratching in the leaves looking for nuts.to the best of my luck it set in a heavy down pore , I got soaked and the turkeys just turned off to the right of me.
On my third day it was partly cloudy and 60 , I went back to the spot where I saw the turkeys scratching at . I set beside an old tree for about one hour and ten minutes, as I seen these two globbers pickin and coming out of the valley , I raised my shot gun up real slowly and set my bead on the one with the longest beard . It seemed liked forever but when thay got with in 20 yards
I cut loose I had one down and was working another round in but that turkey done went to kansas . I"ll see you again in December when season opens up.......Ron

Beard 10"
Spears one inch
27 pounds

We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Alboy

Fine bird Buckshot

Great pictures
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

gitano

YeeHAA!

27 lbs :eek:

Nice bird!

I'm curious... How'd you accomplish this without a plastic shotgun, high-tech camo, and a $250 hand-made-by-the-best-turkey-call-maker-in-the-country turkey call?

It's a rhetorical question. :)

Congratulations!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

buckshot roberts

:) thanks the best of luck to ya'll this season.
:biggthumpup: Paul it was eazy....I went back to my roots, we didn't have all that back then.........the only new item I have is a pair of itasca boots,  I'm still using my old army wool field gear.
:Banghead: This may make some turkey hunters mad, why do you need a call, now if you like calling in turkeys :smiley:  well that's ok with me, and I've used them some in the past, turkeys like to eat, spring or fall just do some leg work (scouting),in the spring them ol' toms will hang with the hens, in the fall they like to be with the other toms, and just feed all day long. when it's raining they will head to the open fields.......... learn how not to be seen and stay still........I don't do turkey hunting shows, dvd's or video, yep I'm a black sheep. Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Tags: