Wot Did You 'Av For Dinner ?

Started by ladysav, October 20, 2009, 08:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladysav

OK, I hope no one minds but a real nice forum I go on has kicked a similar thread off and I feel it's seriously good!

I'll start by saying...

Last night I cooked homemade Seafood Pie and dug that morning carrots!
I didn't have the heart to peel the carrots they where way to good for messing around with! :smiley:

Smoked Pollock, Prawns, Salmon & white sauce with garden herbs & Gower Spud Mash lid.

I steamed the carrots and glazed in butter, 1/4tsp of mustard seeds & Cumin, blooming gorgious!!!!! :biggthumpup:

Over to you Chaps & Chap'ess's :greentongue:

bowhunter 51

Coincidentaly, I too visit a cooking forum with the same
post....You seafood pie looks delicious, but this chap had
a tasty venison stew with some of the last of the garden
fresh veggies as frost will soon take them...The last seem
to taste best...too late for a photo..............................BH51....
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Daryl (deceased)

I'm right there with BH51. The sea food looks great, but...

I made a stew with seared buffalo meat, potatoes, onion, tomatoes, carrots, corn, small can of tomato sauce, and seasoned to taste. I don't add any thickeners because I like it more soup like than thick.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

gitano

I think I had prefab pizza - :(.

Man! That pie and carrots looks GOOD!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

bowhunter 51

Quote from: Daryl I don't add any thickeners because I like it more soup like than thick.

[FONT=Georgia
Same here, Daryl....but now if'n I do something in the[/FONT]
dumpling category...got to  be thick enough where as I
can dunk a cracker in it and come out of there with
something that will stick all over my ribs................BH51..

Alboy

Wekk we went out to meet a new group of potential motorcycle riding buddies. that went pretty well then about 8 pm, dark and 45-48* we rode 25 miles for supper at a place called the THIRSTY PARROT. they make about the best hamburger in the arrea with homemade jalepeno bread. We of course ordered the Chicken Fried Steak and chopped beef steak. both were were very good.

CFS pretty much fills a dish with french fries and white gravy, dinner salad and bread. Hamburger Steak is essentially a hambuger less bread, with sauteed onions, french fries, dinner salad and coffee.

Way to much fried anything I know but we indulge not all that often and itr really is tasty.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

M. R. Byrd

I have learned to keep my wife happy she needs a chicken fried steak or fish & chips.
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

bowhunter 51

Quote from: M. R. Byrd;98744I have learned to keep my wife happy she needs a chicken fried steak or fish & chips.

I can relate..........................................................................................BH51..

jesusgecko

Thai Coconut Lime Chicken.  Yes.....from a packet.....
Normality is for the weak.

RatherBHuntin

Whole grain rice with a little butter and a sliced jalepeno, some fried tilapia (fish if you didn't know) and boiled squash with vidalia onions (from a can). It aint mama's cooking but better than I usually do for myself when I'm up here alone. Probably be a bologna sandwich tomorrow:undecided:
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

LvrLover

Chunk a summer sausage and some aged brick washed down with a cold delicious. Simple, but I like it. Sometimes when I get in late I just don't have the gumption to cook.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

Alboy

I cubed up some grilled chicken, made open faced sandwich on buttered whole wheat toast with gravy. Corn and cold pork-n-beans were the sides

We are trying to eat out the leftovers before cooking anything up new this week
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

bowhunter 51

Quote from: RatherBHuntin;98837Whole grain rice with a little butter and a sliced jalepeno, some fried tilapia (fish if you didn't know)

I like tilapia,...........thinking about throwing a levee up in the  back 16 and farm
raising for the family..................................................................................BH51..

Tags: