dutch oven

Started by sav17, October 20, 2009, 10:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sav17

Ok wheres the best place for me and jen to get a hold of a real" dutch oven "coz they dont seem to do em in welsh wales :biggthumpup:
We love our campfire out door cooking and at the moment as youve seen I been improvisin with whatever I can lay my hands on
My £2 wok works fine and so does my stainless steel washing up bowl but I think it,s time I got hold of the real thing
Nothing like cast iron cookware to produce the real deal :biggthumpup:

Your friend "Richie"
happiness is a critter in the crosshairs

Daryl (deceased)

Richie,

I'm not sure where you'd find them in the U.K.  Cabelas online should have them, but make sure it's "the real deal".  If it doesn't have legs on it, and a lip arouind the top of the lid to hold coals on top, it won't do as well.

I saw some a few years back at a Sportsman's Warehouse in Tucson, but a lot of those have been closing down of late.

You might get lucky and find one at a "yard sale" or second hand store, but they're a tough find.  I have one that I inherited from my grandfather when he passed back in the early 1980's, and I won't even loan it out for fear of not getting it back.  Lots of them get loaned out, and then the owner can't remember where it went the next time they need it.

On that note, maybe you can borrow one...

:D

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Tags: