Chicken... Thinggy

Started by ladysav, September 27, 2009, 03:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladysav

Richie experimented with his as new £2 Charity Shop Wok
And created this (here is the recipe in his own words :) )

My recipe for oak smoked chicken
take one cheap charity shop wok

take one dead chicken a load of fresh mint a splurge of chilli oil half a strange garlic type onion thing a slice of ginger and a couple of star anise and half of one of them green lemon things

mix the afore mentioned stuff and wizz it a bit then smear it liberally over afore mentioned dead chicken stuff the load off fresh mint delicateley up the bum of afore mentioned poultry (see above pic)
deftly arrrange oak chips in bottom area of wok and then place wok in centre of barbecue thingee(the barbecue thingee is what suppplies the heat to cook afore mentioned poultry and causes the oak chips to start smokin

place lid on charity shop wok sit back and swig whatever alchoholic beverage you have available :smiley:

nows the time to send the missus in to prepare the salsa thingy and cut up the salad (if you wants the salsa recipe you gotta ask Jeni)

Aha it looks burnt I hear you say but...

serve with huge sheets of bread stuff we got from the asian market and spread the Jeni salsa stufff on top

There you go next time i will be doin Tea smoked duck in the charity shop wok :undecided:

See what I have to cope with!!! :biggthumpup: his second attempt at smokeing was a Pork Shank will try and post that soon. I have to say his "Chicken Thinggy" was awesome!!!

Jeni

bowhunter 51

I need to get me a wok...It all looks just scrumptious, Jeni....I didn't know Richie was such a chef...blackened chicken comes to mind...and
the green lemon thingy looks like lime....lots of color in that meal...I give
it a thumbs up....................................................................................BH51..
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Daryl (deceased)

BH51,

One of the best "woks" you can get can be made from a plow disk.  Weld the center hole closed and then weld three short pieces of heavy re-bar onto it for legs.

;)

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

bowhunter 51

Ya know, I never thought about that, Daryl....I believe I can get my hands on one today....Ha..that's cool....thanks
for  the tip:) ..................................................................BH51...
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

LvrLover

Quote from: Daryl;97513BH51,

One of the best "woks" you can get can be made from a plow disk. Weld the center hole closed and then weld three short pieces of heavy re-bar onto it for legs.

;)

Daryl
Just make sure you get all the paint off first if its new, but you can get used ones for little or nothing. I made one for a guy here and I welded on a 1" piece of flat steel upright on the edge to give it more "capacity" I also added 3 screw in bases for pipe legs and 2 rebar handles. Pick another one out for a lid. You now have a great way to cook over a fire or propane burner. The Mexican I made it for says they make them a lot where he is from. And boy does the stuff he cooks in it taste good! :food04:
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

gitano

Mosta my 'cooking' entails opening a can of beans. If I feel like putting some extra effort into it, I pour 'em into a pan and heat 'em up.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE good cookin' (like the above). I just like it better when someone else does it. :D

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

rockinbbar

Jeni,

That "bread stuff" is just a big tortilla! :D

You'll that man of yours up in no time cooking like that! ;)

Barry
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

ladysav

Hiya Barry

LOL!!! I know bless his little nylon socks... he had'nt come across BIG sheets of bread like that before, we get it from our local ethnic store £1:25p for 3 sheets of it know as "Lavish Bread" here :)

Jeni

Tags: