Anyone familiar with the CZ 452 line?

Started by Alan T., January 01, 2005, 03:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan T.

In my opinion, the CZ 452 is the most accurate rimfire bolt action rifle out there for the price, out of the box.

I've got the CZ 452 American .22lr and I love it.

English

Alan, I had one in .17HMR.  It was the most accurate gun I've ever shot.  3/8 inch, 5 shot groups at 100 yards...off the bed of my pickup!  I just didn't find much use for the caliber so I sold it.  If and when I buy another bolt .22 it will probably be a CZ.  I'd like the synthetic stocked/nickel finished version for squirrel hunting.

Mike
BAD RIVER FIEST

Brithunter

Hi All,

Well the 452 has not changed much in a long time, I have a Model 2 which is the same as the 452 but for the stock. It has a normal straight comb but rather than the "Hogs Back Bavarian  " stock fitted to the 452. In fact the same magazines fit both:D  and yep it's darned accurate OK some day i will have to take some pictures of that Model 2!
Go Get them Floyd!

Alan T.

Quote from: EnglishAlan, I had one in .17HMR. It was the most accurate gun I've ever shot. 3/8 inch, 5 shot groups at 100 yards...off the bed of my pickup! I just didn't find much use for the caliber so I sold it. If and when I buy another bolt .22 it will probably be a CZ. I'd like the synthetic stocked/nickel finished version for squirrel hunting.

Mike
Ah yes, the 452 Style, very nice looking rifle with a raised cheek piece.
The trigger on the 452 is already AWESOME out of the box. But if you want to make it liquid - smooth, be sure to order the Brookie Trigger kit. It's a drop in kit, which requires no mechanical skills. Here's the link: http://cz452.com

Alan

txpilot

I have a 452.  Its is hight quality and extremely accurate.

oldelkhunter

If you like the 452 then if you see one of the Chinese JW15 bolt action .22's it is a copy of the CZ452
action.  Despite being basically a cheap piece of junk they are pretty accurate.  The Chinese clips are
junk, but the CZ magazines do indeed work in the Chinese copies!  I picked up two of the Chinese
for real cheap and let kids use them.  I will be buying a real 452 soon in 17 HM2.

If you like the CZ452's you might also consider the CZ527 for a small centerfire rifle.  They are
great if you don't mind the clip sticking out below the stock.  It doesn't bother me.

Just my $.02.

Old Elk Hunter

Tags: