A bit of yumminess for dessert.....

Started by jesusgecko, August 04, 2009, 12:56:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesusgecko

A random idea I had when making naan bread ages ago.  Makes two.

Ingredients:

1 cup flour
1/4 cup oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup warm water
1 tsp yeast
1/2 tsp white sugar
Chocolate chips (about 1/4 or 1/2 a cup?)
2 tsp brown sugar
1 oven

In a glass,  mix together the warm water,  yeast and white sugar.  Leave it aside for ten minutes or so.

Put the flour and salt in a mixing bowl,  and carry on waiting - because let's face it - it ain't gonna take ten minutes to put flour and salt in a bowl!!!

After ten minutes,  try and remember where you left the glass of yeasty goo,  and add it to the floury stuff.  Mix it all good and proper with your fingers.  By now it will feel like you just shoved your fingers in a mixture of porridge and PVA glue.  Fear not though - add the oil and keep going.  ***MAKE SURE NO WARTS ON YOUR FINGERS ARE MISSING AFTER YOU HAVE FINISHED MIXING***

Oil up the inside of another bowl,  and chuck the blob of slimyness into it.  Leave it in a warm place for at least an hour to rise.

Turn on the oven to grill at about 200 degrees celsius.  Flour up a tray (I just use the baking tray) and nead the goop of yeastiness.  Not too much though!!!  Then chop it into two,  and flatten and stretch each half out - once again I just do it by hand.

Sprinkle chocolate chips over half of each piece of dough.  Fold the other half over top and seal the edges.

Chuck in the oven until starts going brown on top (will just be brown splodges here and there).  This takes about five minutes.  Take out,  turn over,  and sprinkle brown sugar over top of each one.  Put back in the oven for about another three to five minutes.

Take out,  and serve with icecream.
Normality is for the weak.

bowhunter 51

I started to inquire as to "what naan bread was about" but, it appears
the bread part of your recipe is almost the same as my homemade pizza
crust.....I'm not big on desserts or sweets but your idea sounds like a
good'n for someone who would be....great write-up.............................BH51...
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Tags: