Mug Cake

Started by Alboy, May 27, 2009, 04:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alboy

Have not tried this yet but I am going to.

YUM YUM YUM, LET"S ALL GET FAT--TER

> 5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
> 4 tablespoons flour
> 4 tablespoons sugar
> 2 tablespoons cocoa
> 1 egg
> 3 tablespoons milk
> 3 tablespoons oil
> 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
> A small splash of vanilla extract
> 1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)
>
> Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
> Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..
> Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
> Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.  The
> cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!  Allow to
> cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
> EAT ! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).  And
> why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
> Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time
> of the day or night!>
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

22hornet

Great idea.

I'll give it a go with the kids this weekend. :food04:
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

jesusgecko

I've had a similar version of this before and forgot it existed.  This one sounds better,  and is getting eaten tonight (depending on how many home brew based martinis I have first)
Normality is for the weak.

jesusgecko

Managed to have few enough drinks that I could attempt this - and by golly gosh it is SOOOOOOOOO much better than the one I had previously!!!

22hornet

Ok I tried this 3 times. If you like cake the results were not good. :o
If you like something that could be developed into 100 uses apart from cake, this could be your product!
The cakes just went like rubber, the dog wouldn't even touch the last one. In fact he played with it like a tennis ball. Kept him busy for ages.
I think I'll cook my cakes the old way, in the oven from now on. But its worth a try.
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

jesusgecko

Ours were great,  even if I were sober at the time they would have passed the test with flying colours!!!

Rubbery you say?  Looking at the recipe I accidentally cut out a tablespoon of flour and sugar,  which may explain it.  Excess flour = rubber.  

And did you have it hot,  or leave it to cool?

Yes - even my other half is scared to go into the kitchen when I'm there.....on the upside it was one of the factors that helped me GET that other half.

jesusgecko

Was gonna do 'em again tonight,  but had no cocoa!!!  Did the old #8 wire thing,  and replaced the cocoa with shredded coconut (added an extra spoonful as well)  and a splash of almond essence as well as vanilla.

Not too hideous at all.

bowhunter 51

This sounds like a good quicky, sweet-tooth thing....I'm quessing we are
talking about using one of those large soup mugs..and..how do ya keep
the cake from sticking to the mug?....my wife keeps all those ingredients
in the cubbard....I may try it...trying to get my weight down, at the
moment......trying to stay between 170 and 185 in the winter:smiley: .........BH51..
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

jesusgecko

That's where the oil comes in.

This will definitely help with that extra insulation layer for winter!!!

LvrLover

Wife said to use self rising flour, or if you dont have that add a 1/2 tsp of baking powder. helps it raise correctly or something.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

Alboy

That might help as I tried making it the other night but had no milk the second time I went to the 'frig, dang kids. Set it all in the ice box and added milk the next night then nuked the whole mess.

Only filled about 1/2 the coffee mug and was a doughy ball of chocolte tasting cake dough. figured to increase the time in my microwave by 20%.

Still tasted good.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

gitano

Yup, I tried it last night too. Since I'm not much of a chocolat fan, I made mine "white" chocolat. (Actually my daughters made it - more on that below.) It turned out "OK", but definitely needs some fine tuning to be "perfect". I think the variability between microwaves is a big deal. Kinda like handloads for firearms. Each firearm needs its own little tweaks for its own handloads.

By the by... I cajoled my girls into making mine, and in doing so, they came up with a new word... "mancipe".

Definition - "A recipe a man would use."

I told 'em that sounded about right to me.

They were competely unsatisfied with the "look" of the finished product. I told 'em that "looks" didn't matter too much to me when it came to food. It just has to taste good. Again a firearms analogy seems appropriate....

It doesn't have to look pretty, it just has to shoot straight...

I liked this "mancipe" well enough to 'work up some hand-loads' for my microwave. ;)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: