20ga Patterns

Started by dawei, May 18, 2009, 04:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawei

What do you think of these 20ga patterns..............
David
Only two defining forces have ever died for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, & Marine
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Alboy

Looks like a dead turkey either way. I would go with less recoil if it is decipherable.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

buckshot roberts

The remington 20,ga was it in 3 inch also..Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

gitano

They both look great to me. I do see a difference in the center of the patterns though. Even though the count 'in the red' is higher, the Remington pattern is definitely high and right. Obviously not enough to matter, and it may have been 'operator error'.

I'm with AL. IF there is a difference in felt recoil, that'd be the one I chose.

It's nice when they shot 'good' isn't it?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

buckshot roberts

Have you tryed any of Remington's "Managed Recoil" in .20 ga.........Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

gitano

I didn't know about those, Ron. I'll be getting some for my daughters to try in their new SxS 20s they got for Christmas.

If I can find them... :(

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

those are some darn tight patterns for 30 Yards. I seriously doubt my ulti-mag 835 with 3 1/2's could do that. I know it won't at 40. a friend of mine came over to pattern his red label and started at 30 yards with 3" shells (12 gauge). Seven fell in the kill zone. I think I would rather have your 20 gauge!!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

dawei

Quote from: davidlt89;93061those are some darn tight patterns for 30 Yards. I seriously doubt my ulti-mag 835 with 3 1/2's could do that. I know it won't at 40. a friend of mine came over to pattern his red label and started at 30 yards with 3" shells (12 gauge). Seven fell in the kill zone. I think I would rather have your 20 gauge!!!! God Bless.
Actually it is two separate guns. The first pattern w/#4 Pb was fired from a 26" barrel Mossberg® Mdl 500C w/a Hastings® Extended Turkey Choke .570''. The second pattern, with #5 Pb, was shot through a Remington® (Baikal®) SPR 220 w/26½" barrel w/a Colonial Arms® Extended Turkey Choke, also .570". 550", 555", and 570"chokes give the best patterns in a 20ga in my experience. With my guns shooting patterns this well I have no need to ever use my 12ga guns. God Bless to you also.
David
1. Jesus Christ

gitano

QuoteI have no need to ever use my 12ga guns.
THem's fine patterns for sure, but I'd hate to clean the quail shot with them :eek:

Paul[/COLOR][/B]
Be nicer than necessary.

dawei

Quote from: gitano;93079THem's fine patterns for sure, but I'd hate to clean the quail shot with them :eek:

Paul
I guess I should switch to my cyl and imp cyl chokes, Ya Think?:eek::smiley::biggthumpup:
David
1. Jesus Christ

bowhunter 51

I always elect to do pattern checks (for turkey) at 50 yrds....however,
both examples shown, are adequate...you can make 'em "lay down and
wait" with either....the lighter shotgun would be my preferance and the
shot-shell with greatest penetration per distance, would be the one I'd
select..........problem is, I can't get one to get within 50 yrds of me, :no: .....BH51..
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

buckshot roberts

I've taken a few turkeys with using an old  12 ga model 50 winchester with Imp cyl ....Paul I have not used any of the managed recoil ammo myself, these day just 'bout anything to do with turkey hunting is labled "Techologically Advanced"...........Ron

Tags: