Semi-automatics Visual Comparison

Started by Jay Edward (deceased), December 29, 2004, 05:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Edward (deceased)

Alright...you've seen them in their separate groups.  Now side by side.  And thennnnnn...the next thread will be the cartridges!

So...you can have whichever one of these you would like to carry into the game fields.  State which and state why.

No choosing on the basis of cartridge!

rockinbbar

Jay,

I'll take the BAR. Proven design, accurate, scope mountable AND it looks good!...LOL.

Rockinbbar
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Jay Edward (deceased)

OK...the next:

BCHUNTER

I'Ll take the browning bar. I had one in the 7mmag love it,shoot well, but heavy

rockinbbar

I'll take the Remmy out of those for the same classic reasons as I chose the BAR in the first set...;)

Rockin'
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

calestus

I'll take that Dragunov.  Because they are nifty! and I've been wanting one for awhile...guy at the range had one that was doing well on paper with handloads.  I think they were designated marksman type rifles for the russians. Nice, accurate, and reliable. Qualities that make a good hunting gun.  Also the issued scopes for these had a decent range finder for man sized targets that wouldn't be hard to adapt to woodland creatures.

Daryl (deceased)

Can I just bring this one and one of y'all can have mine for an extra?

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

teddy12b

I'd take the HK G3.  To me that's just the best looking weapon on earth.  I love to long sight radius.  I especially like the feel of them.  I have held them before, but I have never shot one.  I would feel comfortable carrying that into the field.  Maybe it's just my body type but it just fits me well.  

Hey Jay, we haven't really mention how a persons frame can also determine their preference on firearms.  Just a thought.

drinksgin (deceased)

The remington in the second set is my choice, but , it still looks like a shotgun, not a rifle.
JMO.
Don
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

llanero

Depending on the conditions, I'd take several of the above rifles, but I'd say I'd take the AR15-type rifle because all things being equal, it's the lightest one of the bunch and probably the second easiest to mount a scope on.
There ain\'t too many things a man cain\'t fix with $700 and a .30/06.

Flatlander

BAR in '06 I 've owned one for 30yrs and it's a great gun:D

Muzzleblast

In the first set, I would choose the Benelli, because of the one I have held...Loved the feel of it.

In the second set, I already do hunt with a Garand so thats my pick...Great rifle. Love the sights. An M1A would be much greater for accuracy though.

Fortunate Son

As some of you may have guessed, we really like our Remingtons.  However, I'll the the Druganov, but only if it is a genuine Soviet model.  I've fired them with OPFOR in the Army and they were the most accurate semi-auto rifles I've used.
Mike In MS
NRA For Life
Army For 30

Rohann

I would take the Snayperskaya Vintovka Dragunova; Durable, accurate (for it's class), used world-wide. Pretty much the AK-47 of the snipers.

-Rohann

Muzzleblast

I like the scope, that reticle looks really simple and fast to use...Wonder how it handles though...its a little long...so is a Nagant 91/30 though I guess, and that handles alright

Tags: