Here's what my wife's been up to....

Started by Daryl (deceased), February 09, 2009, 03:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daryl (deceased)

My wife decided to bake today, so on top of eating good, the house smells good too!

You'll have to get her to post the recipes, but here's some pictures.

It makes for some mighty fine eating, for sure.

Here's the filling for the Bierock (a german dish), next in line, and some sausage bread at the bottom.

A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

davidlt89

looks delicious daryl, I am intrigued by the "sausage bread"! just gotta love sausage!!!!  I put an oversized chicken in the crockpot today and it just finished cooking 30 minutes ago. needless to say, we did not eat it for supper. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Daryl (deceased)

David,

I love that sausage bread.  She bakes several loaves of it, wraps and freezes it, and then warms it up for a quick breakfast.

Same with the Bierock.  It's yeast bread wrapped around a filling of hamburger, cabbage, onions, and such.

The sausage bread uses the same bread, but the filling is different, and it's made in a bigger loaf.

I'll see if I can't get her to post her recipes and technique.

Oh, and here the chicken would have been just about right for dinner.  It's only 6:40 here. ;)

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

davidlt89

QuoteI'll see if I can't get her to post her recipes and technique.
especially the sausage bread:D . God Bless.

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

mtnpenny

David the sausage bread is really easy. Make your favorite yeast bread dough. I use the Fix a Mix one from Tuperware cause it makes a lot of dough.

Brown 2 pounds of sausage. and let cool.  ETA-my wife said to edit and add season it with salt, papper, garlic, and oregano, to whatever your taste buds like. Daryl

Chop fine 1 large onion and mix with 1# mozzeral cheese.

Once meat is cool mix in the cheese and onion.

Roll out dough and add filling pinch edges. Brush with an egg wash and bake at 350* until brown.

yummmmmmmmy. and then I dont have to cook for a while.
mtn_penny
Save a life.
Become an organ donor today.

clicky > http://dragcave.net/user/mtnpenny < click

rockinbbar

That DOES look great!! :)

How much weight you put on Daryl in the past 2-3 years? ;)
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Daryl (deceased)

Barry,

Actually, I've lost about 5-6 lbs in the last month. We started on an exercize program of sorts about three weeks ago, and I'm now about 5-6 lbs lighter than when I got married.

Not from lack of eating good, mind you.

My goal was to lose about 5 lbs, and then gain about 10 back. So far I'm right on schedule losing the few lbs; now I'll see how I do gaining it back. ;)

I really do have an easier time losing weight than gaining it, but I need to gain strength in my legs and upper body.

Daryl

RIP Linden33

mtnpenny

Sickening he lost it and I found it, or at least some of it.
mtn_penny
Save a life.
Become an organ donor today.

clicky > http://dragcave.net/user/mtnpenny < click

Alboy

Yea some folks are just disgusting about that weight thing, I carry the cover for several
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

TackyDriver

Hi Daryl,

We have a local pizza parlor nearby that sells sausage rolls. They roll out pizza dough, lay on a just cooked italian sausage, tomato based pizza sauce, grilled onion, sauteed green bell pepper and some mozarella. They roll it up and bake it. It's more addicting than cigarettes. I asked the owner if he'd show me how to make it with some of my wild hog stuffed sausage. He told me to cook the sausage and bring it in and he'd show me. Stay tuned.

No one really likes green bell pepper in my family. I think it's the acidic taste. They don't mind red or yellow bell peppers. Go figure. I've had really good luck substituting Ortega brand canned mild green chiles. I'm going to try that on these rolls. It's worked well on just about everything else.

I like the look of your wife's Bierock too. I'll bet that would make a good filling for pieroges. Thanks for sharing with us.
It would be a shame to waste a perfectly good mistake by not learning from it.

davidlt89

QuoteNo one really likes green bell pepper in my family.
I will second and third that one. I hear they are really poisonous:D .

RatherBHuntin

I like green peppers, as long as they aren't cooked....cooking increases the amount of poison:D
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

bowhunter 51

I Love'em................:D ................................................................................BH51...
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

TackyDriver

Sorry Daryl, I didn't mean anything out of line when I said that I liked the look of your wife's Bierock. I guess I need to get my "Foot in Mouth Disease" vaccine shots. Sometimes there's just not enough O's in the word smooooth.:oops:
It would be a shame to waste a perfectly good mistake by not learning from it.

Daryl (deceased)

Quote from: TackyDriver;89989Sorry Daryl, I didn't mean anything out of line when I said that I liked the look of your wife's Bierock. I guess I need to get my "Foot in Mouth Disease" vaccine shots. Sometimes there's just not enough O's in the word smooooth.:oops:

Now why would I be offended?  You complimented the appearance of my wife's cooking, and I see nothing out of line with that.

It's as good as it looks, too. ;)

Daryl

RIP Linden33

Tags: