Parker Hale unveiled

Started by sakorick, June 03, 2005, 06:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

Brithunter got me started on this quest....1968ish PH Suprr safari 30'06. If this thing shoots 1/2 as good as she looks......well, we'll see. For all you young'uns out there I bought this piece of art for less than you would spend on a new anything. Well, here she is.....skip line checkering, rosewood trim, Timony? trigger all original nearly 40 years old.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

m gardner

Nice! I wish I'd looked that good at 40 years old! God bless and good shooting.

Alboy

I never looked that good at 25.

Yepper if you can qulify that rifle at shooting half as good as it looks you got a keeper. :D
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

rockinbbar

Nice Rifle!

Bet she puts em' where you want 'em too....

Rockin'
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

LLANOJOHN (deceased)

sakorick,

Yessir!  That is one fine example of a late '50s and '60's firearm classic!  You made a dog-gone good choice!  Thanks for sharing and good job on the pics!

Ol' John
Life Member-NRA-TSRA
Riflesmith-Bolt & Lever Centerfires Only
Left-Hand Creek Rifles
Mark Twain was right-"There is no such thing as too much good whiskey!"
My best advice.."Best to stay outta trees and offa windmills!"

Jay Edward (deceased)

What John said...

Whatcha gonna use for loads?

sakorick

Quote from: Jay EdwardWhat John said...

Whatcha gonna use for loads?
It will be a 150 gr Accubond with either 4350 or 4831sc whichever is most accurate  at  3000'/sec + or - a tad. Most '06s seem to like these 2  powders....what do you think?  regards, Rick.

gitano

Quotebought this piece of art for less than you would spend on a new anything.
Y'know, you'll go to hell for stealin' sure as you will for lyin'. :) Good catch.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

RANGE REPORT: PH shoots good if not excellent. It was blowing about 25mph and the steady rest was unsteady as usual. 58.9gr  H4350, 150gr Nosler accubond cronied at 2920. 4 shot group....one oops!:D   Regards, Rick.

Big Banger

Very nice! I just bought the same rifle in .300 Win. Mag..

Brithunter

Wot me?............................................................................. No I is not to blame No-one saw me do it yo can't proove it and further more I plead insanity .

Nice rifle though Hmmm notice how the style was used right up into the late 1980's this P-H 1200 Super which has the same style stock and the same Gold plated "Timney" trigger (although the alloy housing has Parker-Hale cast into it my thoughts are that Timney made them for P-H) the rifle was proofed in Birmingham in 1988:-

Although the colour does not show very well, the fore tip and grip cap are both Rosewood, just not as nice as that used on Ricks' stock. Cost cutting most likely but I suppose it could be dificulty in getting well figured Rosewood .

Edit:-  Hmm I tried to reduce the width of the picture but for some reason if I do it does not show up :rolleyes: .
Go Get them Floyd!

Big Banger

Another nice one!
My gun has the nice rosewood, gold trigger and drop out clip. How can I find out what year it was made?

Brithunter

Hi Big Banger,

You have a 1200 Super Clip, now look on the barrel left side of the chamber (normally) by the proof marks and you will find a small circle with 2 letters and below them a digit, that is if it was made between 1975-1984, after 1984 the circle was left out and replaced by crossed lances with the letters at 9 & 3 0'clock and the digit at 6 o'clock. If you tell me what these marks are I will compare them to the list which the Birmingham Proof house kindly sent me when I enquired about some of my rifles.
Go Get them Floyd!

Big Banger

There is a very small mark without a circle next to the BNP, I will need a magnifier to see it. The serial number is MAG-35198 The complete bolt is bright metal. The gun looks just like Rick's 30'06. Thanks for your help.

Brithunter

Hi Bigbanger,

Read your message and it was a little confusing but I think I have it sorted out. The View mark for 1971 is :-

.. \ /

W /\ B

. / 4 \

The digit 4 of course just being the inspectors number, it's the letter code which gives the year. No imaginge the crossed lances spliting it through the center making the four quadrants now does that resemble your mark?

Edit:- Hm that's about the best I can do wth the key board, tried it without the hashes and the darned 4 moved over to the left of the page The fullstops are not part of the mark they just keep it lined up here ;) :confused:
Go Get them Floyd!

Tags: