Squirrel recipies anyone?

Started by JaDub, November 13, 2008, 01:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDub

Since I`m over-run with tree rats  I need to come up with a good mouth watering way to cook the little critters.    Anyone out there like to share their favorite recipies?

My method so far is  to cook `em long & slow and cook `em on  low.  I made up a pretty good vegetable stew for openers.  

Any other methods are surely appreciated. :biggthumpup:

LvrLover

Young ones I just dredge in flour and salt and pepper and fry them. Make gravy out of the grease and brownings in the pan. Older ones can be substituted for chicken in casseroles or soups. One of my favorite ways to eat an old bushytail is to wrap it with bacon and roast whole w/taters, carrots, onions and celery in a covered pan or crock pot. Great now I'm hungry.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

buckshot roberts

Brunswick Stew...
salt and pepper the squirrels and place them in a stew with enough water to immerse them completely...cover the pot and let contents simmer for approximately an hour...then add potatoes,green peppers, onions, and tomatoes(or) okra and boil for an additional forty-five minutes,them add lima beans,corn and butter and cook for fifteen more minutes...........
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

bowhunter 51

How about squirrel-n-dumplin's.....slow cook squirrels till the meat just
falls off the bone.....discard the bone and add a can of chicken broth,
season to taste, ....I like to add chopped onion and green pepper and pinch
chunks of biscuit dough off in it till it covers the top.........continue to slow
cook or simmer till the biscuit dough is cooked through...avoid stirring
too much or the dough-dumplings will come apart....thicken with flour
and water mixture to desired consistency.......simple....easy.............BH51....
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

JaDub

:D ya got my mouth waterin` big time!

Tags: