M1 Garand stock

Started by Bruce Baldwin, December 25, 2004, 09:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Baldwin

Good Morning,
 Four years ago, I purchased an M1 from the CMP.  I am very pleased with the purchase.  I should have bought one years ago however.  The rifle came with a new stock, but the wood is thicker than what i remember from my service days.  Later, I found out that what I have now is the Korean War model of stock which is thicker than the WW II version of the stock.  
 Does any one know where I can buy the WW II version and finish it myself?  Boyd's sells only the Korean War version.
 Any help will be appreciated.
 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
 Bruce Baldwin

Stryker

Quote from: Bruce BaldwinGood Morning,
Four years ago, I purchased an M1 from the CMP. I am very pleased with the purchase. I should have bought one years ago however. The rifle came with a new stock, but the wood is thicker than what i remember from my service days. Later, I found out that what I have now is the Korean War model of stock which is thicker than the WW II version of the stock.
Does any one know where I can buy the WW II version and finish it myself? Boyd's sells only the Korean War version.
Any help will be appreciated.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Bruce Baldwin
Bruce,
You may want to try fulton Armory, They carry a lot of Garand parts.
http://www.fulton-armory.com/
- Mark

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wonderng if they made a difference. The MARINES don\'t have that problem."
- President Ronald Reagan 1985

Tags: