So what is.....

Started by mtnpenny, October 23, 2008, 02:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtnpenny

everyone's favorite side dish for Thanksgiving???
mtn_penny
Save a life.
Become an organ donor today.

clicky > http://dragcave.net/user/mtnpenny < click

Daryl (deceased)

Your cranberry salad is up pretty high on the list...

or maybe that chicken soup with the hand made noodles...

or...

Hmm.....

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

rockinbbar

Dressing with giblet gravy! :D
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

RatherBHuntin

Quote from: rockinbbar;84841Dressing with giblet gravy! :D

I agree, but only when my Granny makes it
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

bowhunter 51

Well now,...Turkey or Hen with dressing and giblet gravy,.....I thought...
would be like the main dish, and then a side dish would be something
that would be layin' up side of that....and so, if   that be the case, my
favorite would be home grown   cut green beans slow cooked with ham
hock.........of course, ham is ever present with turkey and dressing, also..
I've never been really crazy about potatoe salad....so now I'm hungry.......BH51..
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

LvrLover

Turkey has to be the main course - fried or roasted. On the side: 3 kernels of parched corn, cranberry sauce, stuffin, smashed taters and gravy, sweet taters, and squash. For desert a slice of pie - pumpkin, or my own homemade pecan. Drool...
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

Daryl (deceased)

Now bowhunter's gone and made me hungry.

Those home-grown green beans cut fresh and cooked with ham hock are hard to beat.

I like to add some new potatoes to the crockpot while cooking it, too.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

davidlt89

Daryl, new potatos are big on my list. Every year I am on the look out for them. usually we get them from little side vendors on the road, that is the best place to find them since I do not grow any.
QuoteOriginally Posted by rockinbbar
Dressing with giblet gravy! :D
I agree, but only when my Granny makes it
same here Glenn, but it is my dad that has the touch.

I guess as far as side dishes, in my family, usually my dad, makes a corn scallop dish that is a must have on the plate. God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

bowhunter 51

Corn scallop?.....that sounds like a winner....I like pecan pie...and then
there is..................Bananaaaaaa.........Pudd'nnnnnn ......:biggthumpup: .....
My moma and my wife makes the best......Guys......it's a painfully long
time till Thanksgiving........I need an appetite suppresant.......................BH51....

mtnpenny

I am thinking someone needs to share a recipe.  Corn scallop  sounds perty yummy!

I just wanted to get all ya'll appetite's good and ready;)
mtn_penny
Save a life.
Become an organ donor today.

clicky > http://dragcave.net/user/mtnpenny < click

RatherBHuntin

Quote from: mtnpenny;84874I just wanted to get all ya'll appetite's good and ready;)

We've met....did it look like my appetite needed any encouragement?
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

bowhunter 51

Heck,..Glenn......I could eat a sow and nine pigs, and still have room for--
..........................Bananaaaaaa.......Puddinnnnnn............:biggthumpup: ............
I've gained 7  pounds since mtnpenny started this thread...............BH51.......

RatherBHuntin

Quote from: bowhunter 51;84929Heck,..Glenn......I could eat a sow and nine pigs, and still have room for--
..........................Bananaaaaaa.......Puddinnnnnn............:biggthumpup: ............
I've gained 7  pounds since mtnpenny started this thread...............BH51.......

You aint just a whistlin Dixie there pal.  The family was kind enough to save me some pudding the other day, which really surprised me when I got home and found the kids had come home from school and NOT eaten it.  The oldest said it had gotten runny and he wouldn't eat it.  Silly kid, it just needed stirred:food04:

David doesn't have any idea on the little bit of Heaven he is missing out on there.
Glenn

Ronald Reagan

davidlt89

QuoteI am thinking someone needs to share a recipe. Corn scallop sounds perty yummy!
I will see what I can do, biggest trick will be remembering:smiley:

QuoteDavid doesn't have any idea on the little bit of Heaven he is missing out on there.
speaking of sharing recipes:smiley:

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

davidlt89

ok, dad sent me his cornscallop recipe, if you make it, please let me know how it turns out.

I use two cans of corn, one cream style and whole kernel. Better if mixed up and refrigerated over nite, then baked the next  day.

Corn Scallop

1 Egg slightly beaten
                     1 Can corn, whole or cream style (I use one of each)
                     1 Corn can of milk    ( I use everoperated)
                     1 Corn can of crushed crackers
                     Salt, Pepper, Butter on top

Bake at 350 deg. for 45 to 60 min.

Tags: