Redneck Supper

Started by Paul Hoskins, August 06, 2008, 08:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hoskins

Like bowhunter says, I ain't no chef either but this is what we had for supper. That's dinner to city folks. It's pretty simple. Just go to the garden and get a few green tomatos, a couple ears of corn, squash, yellow or zuchinni, okra and whatever else suits your fancy. I like to keep it simple. Slice squash and tomatos. Cut tender okra into small pieces, cut corn off the cob. Put it all in a large bowl and sprinkle with flour and corn meal and stir till ingredients are covered. Salt and black pepper to suit. Have a big onion sliced to add as you fry it. A hand full of Cheyenne peppers chopped if desired. (My wife won't let me.) If you have a big cast iron skillet, just dump the whole works in with plenty of lard. When it's about half done, add onions. Fry till brown and serve with cornbread, tomatos and cucumbers. ...........Paul H

bowhunter 51

Looks good,..smells good, Paul.....especially when that onion hits the
grease.........and, I love them cayenne peppers...gotta have one in my
hand with ner' everything I eat...growed a whole row of'em in the family
garden....the wife won't touch'em.........................................................BH51.....
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

mtnpenny

Hey that looks like our supper most nights during the summer.  Cant decide what to cook so well instead of checking the fridge we go pick the garden.

this was last nights....

Spegitti Squash in Marinara with Garlic Toast.
mtn_penny
Save a life.
Become an organ donor today.

clicky > http://dragcave.net/user/mtnpenny < click

buckshot roberts

best kind of chow is redneck varity.........Deb takes a butternut squash, and cook's it with brown sugar...Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Paul Hoskins

Ron, I love buttrenut squash too. I like to split them and clean the innards out and sprinkle with cinnamon. Add honey or molasses and brown sugar and bake. Deeeelicious. Eat'em right out of the half shell.   .........Paul H

buckshot roberts

Paul... she fix's them the same way, an i tell ya i sure like to eat'm... Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Tags: