New partner this year

Started by davidlt89, April 22, 2008, 06:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

Well, here he is, in his new camo coveralls and winchester youth boots. Mom was not impressed with the price tag but they were for her firstborn so she let it slide. what do ya think, does he have what it takes? I have been trying to get him to practice being quite, but not working out here at home. maybe he will be in the blind. He has never been turkey hunting but claims up and down it is his "favorite" kind of hunting. I am headed downstate to another members house for two days on sunday. Hopefully he will get to drag one out of the field. God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

RatherBHuntin

Good luck, takes lots of pics.  He looks ready to me.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

buckshot roberts

:biggthumpup: well you got ya a side-kick now, be looking to read some post from you two, best of luck. Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Paul Hoskins

David, some of them catch on real quick in the blind or woods. Good luck.   .......Paul H

bowhunter 51

He looks like he's ready, ta me, davidt...got his boots and camo's on,
ears stickin' out ready ta hear that faint crack of twig, that could lead
to some kinda' record book critter...I dunno about being quite...may the
force be with ya, on that issue...you'll just have'ta git'em in some mud
and snow and see what happens...good luck.....................................BH51....
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

davidlt89

thanks guys!!! I will take lots of pictures and hopefully one will have a turkey in it. He has said he will carry it back to the truck, but if he makes it 10' he will be lucky. to be honest though, a turkey is just icing on the cake. Just taking him out and having him hear them and maybe see one while he is with his dad is what it is all about. Likes his new clothes, wanted to keep them on for the rest of the night but we had to take the boots off because the two year old was having a little tantrum they were not on his feet. He did well in the deer blind last year for an hour and a half. the guy I am hunting with is bringing his 3 year old also. keeping both of them quiet will be a trick. God bless.

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

davidlt89

Finally got the chance to take the youngfella out on a turkey hunt. we drove 3 1/2 hours to get to where we wanted to go, met a friend and went and set up the blind. We did not get to bed until about 9:30 and then I had to make him go to bed. I became as sick as a dog in the afternoon and was not feeling to good so I was all for bed. 3:30 came quick, especially when you toss and turn until 12:30!!!!! woke up the youngin and he did not really move until I reminded him off the turkeys. he got up and got out of bed. He looked like a zombie and could hear a few "mommies" being mumbled under his breath. got him ready and headed out with my buddy. Got into the blind and the best I can describe it would be like having bipolar disorder. He was excited for five minutes, wanted mommy for 15 minutes, wanted to go back to the car, wanted to sit on my lap, excited again, etc.... certainly did not help that there were no turkey within miles of us!!!!! he made it 3 hours and we got out of the blind and went in the woods. My friend found a feather and gave it to him. that made his whole trip. we did not get a turkey, but we got a feather!!!!!! He opted to sit out the next morning and we headed home that afternoon. the clothes i got him were excellent. it was cold and wet out there and he never got cold, thank God. Had a good time despite not seeing anything resembling a turkey. God bless.

Alboy

Sounds like a good hunt to me. Try him on some rabbit or squirrel if you can that is usually a little more active.

Thinning turtles at the creek or pond is a good way to get them going and having fun when he cna start shooting. BB gun works just fine for practice, even on turtles.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Sandhills Guru

:biggthumpup:  This is what it is all about, sharing outdoor experiences with youth.   And to top it off, it being your own son!  

I am sure this is something both of you will remember for the rest of your life as it does not get any better than this!

fghi741

dump up to a metre (40 inches) of rain in places was on course to hit Taiwan island on Monday morning, prompting business and market closures.Typhoon Fung-Wong, Chinese for phoenix, was moving northwest at 13 kph, set to make landfall late Monday morning near the city of Hualien, Taiwan's EVE ISKCentral Weather Bureau said on its website (http://www.cwb.gov.tw).the storm's approach generated rough sea warnings as markets, offices and schools across the island shut for the day.Tourists are evacuated from a coastal resort in Fuzhou, capital of East China's Fujian Province, July 27, 2008. The intensifying Typhoon Fung Wong age of Conan goldwas forecast to land in Fujian on Monday evening or Tuesday morning. [Xinhua] Transport was disrupted on the island with most domestic flights and rail service suspended, although media reported that international flights were still operating at Taiwan's main international airport at Taoyuan.Heavy rains began to fall in the early hours of twelve sky goldMonday morning and were expected to continue throughout the day, with some of the hardest hit areas expected to receive up to 1,000 mm of rain, according to forecasts.Tropical Storm Risk (http://www.tropicalstormrisk.com) said Fung-Wong was a category 2 storm, and would likely be downgraded to a category 1 storm over the next 24 hours as it crossed Taiwan and headed toward Fujian province. A category 2 storm is defined as having maximum sustained winds of 154-177 kph.From Taiwan, the storm is expected to crosssilkroad online gold over the Taiwan Strait and arrive in East China's Fujian Province on Monday night or Tuesday morning.In Fujian, authorities evacuated over 270,000 people ahead of the storm's arrival.Experts say Fung-Wong might become the mostmaple story gold powerful storm to hit East Asia this year, with heavy rain expected to fall over a long period.Fung-Wong is the second typhoon to hit Taiwan in the last two weeks. On July 18, typhoon Kalmaegi killed at least 20 people and caused extensive flooding, landslides and crop damage in the south and central part of the island.

Tags: