Ham

Started by Kit, December 18, 2004, 02:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kit

Red & Gold Ham
 I personally like cloves stuck into the baked ham, but these additions below - with or without the cloves -- came out *great*!  

Once, out shopping, I saw a fancy glaze on sale, so, fanatical reader that I am, I had to read the ingredients.  "Hmmm, I have those things at home already!" I said to myself.  Instead of making a glaze, I went home and just covered the top of the ham with the 'real' thing.  All the flavors cook in anyway.  There are no amounts given because it depends on the size of the ham you are using and it's as much for the visual sense as it is for flavor.

Each layer is optional, but my (previously) ham-hating boy had several servings...

1. Lightly spread the top of the ham with your fav dijon, brown, or hot mustard

2. Spread pineapple over it.  I use crushed because it holds the next layer up:

3.  Spread, over the top of this, drained pie cherries.  (sans pits please)  The more the better as long as they'll stay put up there.

I then put a hood of aluminum foil over the fruit topping, tucking it around the fruit , which also helps hold it on the top while baking.  

Bake as usual.

At the very end of the baking you might like to remove the aluminum foil if  the pineapple mountain hasn't browned its little peaks yet, and maybe let it brown just a bit, for appearances.  

When I removed the alum foil to serve it, the fruit sat right up there on top looking very pretty.

Blessings
 ~Kit

rockinbbar

Mmmmm...Mmmmm!

I think you need to come over & try that out at Christamas at our place!

Rockinbbar
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Skip

Or better yet, I could make it a point to stop in at Kits place next time I go thru his town  :) In any case, the Ham sounds delicious!!

drinksgin (deceased)

Skip;
You really should read Kit's profile, LOL.
Don
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

Tags: