Period items 1850 to WWI

Started by M. R. Byrd, March 24, 2008, 02:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M. R. Byrd

I am going to post a link to another forum. A man in Wyoming that has been an extra in several movies and a reenactor has items for sale---cavalry tack, gear, uniforms, firearms, etc.

http://www.notssmbbs.com/viewtopic.php?t=3051&highlight=

Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

Clueless

Now how cool is that???:smiley:
A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
Thomas Jefferson

Jay Edward (deceased)

Oddly enough... although I've been involved in re-enactment... I've never been tempted by the Civil War.  Don't get me wrong... I find the study of the Civil War fascinating.  It's just the re-enactment that never tempted me.

You know the study of the various firearms that were generated (invented) before, during and after the Civil War is very absorbing.  Some of them were quite complex and, so, never had a chance to be considered.  Some were too delicate and a lot of them were underpowered.

But taken as creations in and of themselves... most of them were pretty neat.

I think it has been awhile since we had someone on the forum(s) who was an advocate of the Civil War Buff.  And come to think on it... I don't recall anyone saying that they hunted with rifled muskets of that period.

Clueless

I find the collection very interesting.  McClellan saddles..how far back do they go to the Buffalo Soldiers?

There are some folks live around in my area who rent out different things for movies and TV shows.  They make a good living doing it too.

Not long ago I had the opportunity to visit one such person and he took me out to his shed (hugh shed) to take a "gander" at all the items he has.

And the stories he told me. :yes:
A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
Thomas Jefferson

Tags: