1  Kangaroo tail
2 pounds Beef
3  Carrots
3  Onions
1 bunch herbs
  Pepper and salt
  Butter

Directions:
Cut the tail into joints and fry brown in butter, slice the vegetables and fry them also. cut the meat into thin slices and boil all for 4 hours in 3 quarts of water. Take out the pieces of tail, strain the stock, thicken it with flour, put back the pieces of tail and boil up another 10 minutes before serving

Daryl (deceased)

Sounds a lot like wallabee stew.  I could substitute a buffalo tail.  You think that'd work?

;)

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Jay Edward (deceased)

Quote from: Daryl;75172Sounds a lot like wallabee stew.  I could substitute a buffalo tail.  You think that'd work? ;) Daryl

A buffalo tail!  A buffalo tail!  You gotta be kidding.  They couldn't possibly compare in girth and length to the kangaroo.  Besides... in this day and age we have to be humane and simply 'remove' the tail without killing the beast.

A tail-less buffalo couldn't be explained away to those who romanticize the buffalo while a tail-less kangaroo would give us a story we could talk about around the campfire to no end.  

Imagine the consternation on the face of a critter that uses this appendage for balance.

Shotgunhemi

Cant say that I have ever tasted a roo Jay ;)

That meal sounds nice all the same..
Chris

SSAA DEERSTALKERS CLUB

Alboy

Rumor has it that many Americans have tasted Roo at MIckey D's, mind you that is only rumor.

Dono Jay, would we have to make prosthetics for the Roos tails like we do for frog legs?

Sounds deliscious, even with buffalo tails. Sides no one has made a fuss about buffalo wings so why would a few missing tails hurt?
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

gitano

QuoteSides no one has made a fuss about buffalo wings so why would a few missing tails hurt?

:D:D:D

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jay Edward (deceased)

Quote from: Alboy;75194Dunno Jay, would we have to make prosthetics for the Roos tails like we do for frog legs?

Too late Alboy... they've already done it!

22hornet

Roo meat is fairly strong in flavour but if you are into venison it should be OK. You can now buy it in the supermarket, pre packaged for a reasonable sum.

When my mates wife finally got off her "vegie" faze, the first meat I cooked for her was roo meat ( I didn't tell her till after she ate it, and asked for more! ), and as you could guess she made her feelings well known!! I don't know why?

By the way, a roo uses its tail for balance. If it "loses" it tail it can't run, jump, or do anything. They just fall over!
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

Daryl (deceased)

Ok Jay. I have a sharp hatchet. You run the bugger down, and I'll be along shortly to lop off it's tail.

I don't see any wings on 'em, but those drumsticks look tastey! Since 22hornet says they can't run or jump after losing their tail, we might as well take those drumsticks, too.

If 22hornet is right, the roo won't even miss 'em.

Meanwhile, I'll see what I can do about those buffalo wings to go with it. After all, a flying buffalo sounds messy. Much worse than a pidgeon, by far!

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Tags: