Charles Daly Mauser Actions

Started by NUMBERFARMER, December 12, 2004, 06:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NUMBERFARMER

Do any of you have any experience with the Mauser actions sold by Charles Daly.  I would like to use them to make a couple of guns but I don't know anything about them.  If you have any information or first hand experience I would appreciate it.

LLANOJOHN (deceased)

NUMBERFARMER,

You really can't go wrong with these actions, IMHO.  I have 2 barreled actions to be stocked.  Here is a pic of the mini-mauser that is going to be barreled to a 6.5 Rem BR.  Very good actions at better than average prices.
Life Member-NRA-TSRA
Riflesmith-Bolt & Lever Centerfires Only
Left-Hand Creek Rifles
Mark Twain was right-"There is no such thing as too much good whiskey!"
My best advice.."Best to stay outta trees and offa windmills!"

NUMBERFARMER

Are they drilled and tapped of scope bases? And if so, what flavor?

LLANOJOHN (deceased)

Drilled and tapped for Weaver bases but I am sure there are other bases available.  I prefer the Weaver bases and Burris Signature rings on all my rifles.  Someday I might get them all changed over!

Ol' John
Life Member-NRA-TSRA
Left-Hand Creek Rifles

NUMBERFARMER

Thanks for the information, I appreciate the help!

NUMBERFARMER

HondoJohn

Can you give me some idea as to the cost of these actions, and where they can be purchased?

LLANOJOHN (deceased)

Neighbor,

Any dealer can order for you.........check with your locals and see what they are asking!  I can't help you much unless they are really gouging you.  With me you would have the additional shipping and the necessary transfer fees.

Ol' John
Life Member-NRA-TSRA
Left-Hand Creek Rifles

JimmyPageIV

Does anyone have any idea of the size of the action for the Charles Daly 30-06 Mauser Action, i am trying to build one without the action and i can't finish until i know how large the action is.

NCBullshooter

JimmyPageIV,

I would be happy to help because I have a new .30-06 length Charles Daly action, but I didn't quite understand your question.  As I understand it, the bolt face of this action is .473" and the length is the standard long action, i.e., it will handle the .30-06 length family of cartridges.  I also understand that the receiver threads are the same as a Large Ring Mauser 98, i.e., barrels pre-threaded for a 98 Mauser can be installed on the Charles Daly action.  The Charles Daly action is made by Zastava, in former Yugoslovia, and they are the same as the actions that used to be imported by Interarms as the Mark X.

I hope this helps,

NCBullshooter

Tags: