Pheasant?????

Started by Vermonster, December 06, 2004, 05:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vermonster

Went out with My Choc. Lab on her first field experience, and didn't see a thing.  Stopped by the next day, and someone gave us 2 they had gotten.... ;)

Now, the last time I had pheasant, or partridge, or anything similar, I just pan fried it with a little salt and pepper.  It was very good, but I'd like to try something different.  

Any good pheasant recipes??????

Thanks in advance :)

drinksgin (deceased)

V;

I have never had a chance at a pheasant, but I have cooked several guinea fowl, which are closely related to pheasant.
If they are old and tough, I give them 15 minutes in a pressure cooker, then either disjoint, flour and fry, or slow roast in a covered pan at least 1 hour, stuffed with onion and apple.
Make your dressing seperately, use some of the pan drippings in the dressing and mix some cornstarch and milk in a bowl with salt and pepper , pour in a skillet and add the rest of the drippings and make gravy.
Young, tender birds do not need the pressure cooker time, but may need a little more time in the roaster.
Making me drool!
Don   :D
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

motor (deceased)

I raised a dozen pheasants and they were delicious..most of them i fried and made gravy but you might try this one..

SMOTHERED PHEASANT

1 pheasant, boned and cut into bite size chunks
Pancake flour or flour
Butter or margarine
1/2 cup onions, diced
2 cups carrots, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
3 cups water
Dust pheasant chunks with flour and brown in butter in skillet. Add water and vegetables and simmer until tender. If necessary, add more water so it can make its own gravy. Serve over mashed potatoes or rice.

you can fix pheasants just like you fix chicken..
Just an ole sinner saved by grace

Tags: